Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Brant
12-10-1998, 12:09 AM
My new '99 M3 coupe should arrive in early Jan. Our local CCA chapter (Phoenix) has a driver's school in late Jan. I should have about 2000 miles on the car by then, since I pick it up from a dealer in GA and drive it home. Is it too early to attend a drivers school with my new car?<p>Thanks

Bruce
12-10-1998, 12:22 AM
<i>: My new '99 M3 coupe should arrive in early Jan. Our local CCA chapter (Phoenix) has a driver's school in late Jan. I should have about 2000 miles on the car by then, since I pick it up from a dealer in GA and drive it home. Is it too early to attend a drivers school with my new car?<br></i><p>you wouldn't by chance mean an M coupe picking up from the dealer in columbus ga?<p>be sure the vary the rpms on the drive home (NO cruise control)...if you do it should be ok<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster<br>01 E46 M3<br>

Brant
12-10-1998, 12:27 AM
<i>: you wouldn't by chance mean an M coupe picking up from the dealer in columbus ga?<br></i><p>Nope, an M3 coupe from Athens, GA.<p><i><br>: be sure the vary the rpms on the drive home (NO cruise control)...if you do it should be ok<br></i><p>No freeways planned on the trip home, taking the "scenic route". Have heard the tip on varying the revs, and thanks for reminding me.<p>Brant<p><br>

Steve S.
12-10-1998, 01:00 AM
I know someone that attending a school when his car had 1000 miles...no adverse affects YET? Just<br>vary the RPM and MPH and you should be fine.<p>Steve S.

Tino Saloomen
12-10-1998, 03:35 AM
I went to a school with only 2200 miles on the car and didn't hurt the car at all. The dealer said that it was the smoothest M3 coupe he has driven yet! Just take it easy and enjoy the car and event.<br>BTW-<br>The car will be broken in just fine right after the event is done ;-).<p>Enjoy!<p>Tino Saloomen<br>TinoM3@aol.com

Jim Bassett
12-10-1998, 02:37 PM
<i>: My new '99 M3 coupe should arrive in early Jan. Our local CCA chapter (Phoenix) has a driver's school in late Jan. I should have about 2000 miles on the car by then, since I pick it up from a dealer in GA and drive it home. Is it too early to attend a drivers school with my new car?<p>: Thanks<p></i><p>Yep, you should be fine.<p>I took my M3/4 to it's first school in October after only ~1600 miles, no problem.<p>Prior to the school, I did an oil change and brake fluid flush with Super Blue.<p>Oh, and the most important thing - HAVE FUN! :-)<p>Cheers,<br>Jim Bassett<br>1998 M3/4

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index