Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

//M3
12-10-1998, 09:49 AM
<br>Hi. I'd like to know how many have <br>SUperchargers on the E36 M3's??<br>Also, could you give me some of your<br>impressions ie.. performance, maintenance,<br>etc... I currently have a 96 M3 with 35,000<br>miles on the odo and would like to get<br>either TMS/RMS/Powerdyne charger.Thanks in advance.<p>-//M3

Alan
12-10-1998, 11:11 AM
<i>: Hi. I'd like to know how many have <br>: SUperchargers on the E36 M3's??<br>: Also, could you give me some of your<br>: impressions ie.. performance, maintenance,<br>: etc... I currently have a 96 M3 with 35,000<br>: miles on the odo and would like to get<br>: either TMS/RMS/Powerdyne charger.Thanks in advance.</i><p><br>have you seen this page?: <a href="http://www.bimmer.org/rms/sc/"><b>RMS bimmer.org supercharger special</b></a><p>If you get one, let me know...would love to do one on my M roadster, but will wait until my warranty is almost up.<p><br>--Alan

//M3
12-10-1998, 12:25 PM
<i>: : Hi. I'd like to know how many have <br>: : SUperchargers on the E36 M3's??<br>: : Also, could you give me some of your<br>: : impressions ie.. performance, maintenance,<br>: : etc... I currently have a 96 M3 with 35,000<br>: : miles on the odo and would like to get<br>: : either TMS/RMS/Powerdyne charger.Thanks in advance.<p>: <br>: have you seen this page?: <a href="http://www.bimmer.org/rms/sc/"><b>RMS bimmer.org supercharger special</b></a><p>: If you get one, let me know...would love to do one on my M roadster, but will wait until my warranty is almost up.<p>: <br>: --Alan<p></i>

Alan
12-10-1998, 05:55 PM
couldn't tell you....but since RMS is offering a special price to members of this web site, and TMS isn't, i'm partial to RMS... :-)<p><br>--alan

KBP
12-10-1998, 06:03 PM
<i>TMS and RMS are virtually the same thing. RMS makes the supercharger kit for TMS (with TMS specification).<br></i>

Chris_P
12-10-1998, 09:52 PM
I've done a bit of research because I'm just about to supercharge my 99 M Roadster. Here are the options:<p>1) RMS - Vortech Supercharger, uses oil from the engine to lubricate the charger, reliable, noisy (people will know you have a supercharger).<br>RMS also includes larger bosch injectors with their kit and a computer interface to run them.<br>Price: $4995.00<p>2) ERT - They sell Vortech and Powerdyne versions. Powerdyne chargers use an internal belt which can sometimes break under heavy track type conditions. The powerdyne however is very quiet, (Stealth mode) and requires no lubrication.<br>Price: $5995.00 and up.<p>3) DINAN - They sell powerdyne untis but are very expensive.<br>Price: 7,000.00 or so<p>** All of them will give you 350+ hp.<p>NOTE: If you require a software change to eliminate the top speed and increase the Rev Limit they all charge about $350.00 for that change.<p>Personally, I leaning towards the RMS. The price is great, the injectors are a plus and I've heard the vortech. It sounds really awesome !!<p><p><i>: <br>: Hi. I'd like to know how many have <br>: SUperchargers on the E36 M3's??<br>: Also, could you give me some of your<br>: impressions ie.. performance, maintenance,<br>: etc... I currently have a 96 M3 with 35,000<br>: miles on the odo and would like to get<br>: either TMS/RMS/Powerdyne charger.Thanks in advance.<p>: -//M3<p><br></i>

Lincoln
12-11-1998, 01:44 AM
I have installed an TMS/ERT supercharger on my 325is about 1 1/2 yrs ago. So far, I have been very happy with it. In the first month, I had a bolt head that holds the pulley in place break off. It was sort of a fluke but powerdyne repaired it right away. No problems ever since. The power is awesome and unless you floor the pedal, your passengers won't even know you have something under the hood. I must also add that service from Will Turner and ERT is quite good. Give them a call anytime you have a question and they will help you out. If you are planning on buying one, I'm sure you can still get will to lower the price by a few hundred bucks from his advertised price.<p><br><i>: <br>: Hi. I'd like to know how many have <br>: SUperchargers on the E36 M3's??<br>: Also, could you give me some of your<br>: impressions ie.. performance, maintenance,<br>: etc... I currently have a 96 M3 with 35,000<br>: miles on the odo and would like to get<br>: either TMS/RMS/Powerdyne charger.Thanks in advance.<p>: -//M3<p></i>

DucMan
12-11-1998, 06:07 PM
I had Dinan SC installed and it seems to be working great. Very "stealth", but man o man<br>when you step on it...yeah baby!<br>Excuse me, I lost myself for a moment...<p><p><br>i>: <br>: Hi. I'd like to know how many have <br>: SUperchargers on the E36 M3's??<br>: Also, could you give me some of your<br>: impressions ie.. performance, maintenance,<br>: etc... I currently have a 96 M3 with 35,000<br>: miles on the odo and would like to get<br>: either TMS/RMS/Powerdyne charger.Thanks in advance.<p>: -//M3<p></i>

Racer-3
12-27-1998, 09:52 PM
I have a friend that is the test driver for ERT and he told me that nobody has been able to successfully program the siemens electronic system to accomodate the supercharger systems,or any other performance bolt on.The chips availabe basically increase the rev limit and take off the top speed limiter.you will get HP but not as much as the 95 Bosch equiped M3's get.Hope i got my info straight.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index