Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Steve
12-10-1998, 01:37 PM
How well do BMWs resist rust? I live in Connecticut and my last car, a Saab 900T, stayed in great condition. It never showed any signs of rust even when it was 13 years old (when I sold it). Standard procedure here in CT is to frequently use a power-spray to wash the salt off the wheel-wells and underside during the winter. I'm wondering if my new BMW will fare as well with the same treatment over the long haul.<p>Steve<br>98 E36

Leif
12-11-1998, 06:46 AM
I live in Sweden and here rust on cars often starts become a problem when a car is between 7-10 years old. My experience is that 10 year old BMW:s cars here resist rust much better than the Swedish made Saab:s. The BMW cars usually show no rust after 10 years while the Saab are full of rust on especially the lower parts of the doors.

Steve
12-11-1998, 09:08 AM
<i>: I live in Sweden and here rust on cars often starts become a problem when a car is between 7-10 years old. My experience is that 10 year old BMW:s cars here resist rust much better than the Swedish made Saab:s. The BMW cars usually show no rust after 10 years while the Saab are full of rust on especially the lower parts of the doors.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index