Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jersey Joe
12-10-1998, 02:33 PM
Hey all,<br>I am trying to organize a 'Shiferfest' for E36 and E46 owners to take place in Northern New Jersey. What is a Shifterfest, you ask? Well, there is a company called UUC Motorwerks that sells the Ben Liaw Short Shifter (BL/SS) kit that many of you may be familiar with. The kit is named after NJBMWCCA member and all-around nice guy Ben Liaw. Many people who have had the shifter installed in their BMWs swear by it. It greatly reduces the somewhat long throws that BMW stock shifters exhibit as much as 28%!!!. The kit is fairly inexpensive (especially compared with other aftermarket kits that can cost over $1000!!!). What I need is between 3 - 7 interested E36 M3 or E46 owners in the New Jersey/New York surrounding area who are interested in upgrading their cars. If enough people are interseted, Ben will arrange to install them on a weekend that everyone will agree on somewhere in Northern NJ. The installation will run $40 apiece (plus the price of the shift kit - currently $175 for the E36 M3, 325i, is, 328i, is, or E46 323i, 328i). Check out www.shortshifter.com for more information on the kit. Reply to this post with any questions or preliminary interest. E-mail me to confirm your desire to purchase and arrange any upcoming weekend that is good for you. If we have enough interest from people, Ben will give us a group discount on the shifters. I'll even order some pizza for all on the day of install and you'll get to meet like minded BMW owners. Hope to hear from you all.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index