Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Cheapsk8te
12-10-1998, 08:12 PM
hey..<br>where can i get the M3 logo?? I want to take my 318i<br>thing off and put the M3 logo on the back of my car? Any sugggestions where I can do that? <p>Once you put the M3 logo on.. can you take it off and put back the 318i or what? like if you want to sell your car you want to put back on the 318i.. u know??<p>can anyone help... let me know..

Anit-cheater
12-10-1998, 08:21 PM
<i>: hey..<br>: where can i get the M3 logo?? I want to take my 318i<br>: thing off and put the M3 logo on the back of my car? Any sugggestions where I can do that? <p>: Once you put the M3 logo on.. can you take it off and put back the 318i or what? like if you want to sell your car you want to put back on the 318i.. u know??<p>: can anyone help... let me know..<p></i>

Bruce
12-10-1998, 09:32 PM
you have hit the most heated topic on a BMW board (even more than the BMW vs Maxima debate)...bottom line is you are a poseur, if you want an M car get an M car, if you can't afford it don't look stupid<p>follow the link to answer your basic question...methinks number 1 REALLY applies to you<p>also- lose the extra **** in the subject line<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster<br>01 E46 M3<p>

Jimmy
12-10-1998, 10:00 PM
<i>: you have hit the most heated topic on a BMW board (even more than the BMW vs Maxima debate)...bottom line is you are a poseur, if you want an M car get an M car, if you can't afford it don't look stupid<p>: follow the link to answer your basic question...methinks number 1 REALLY applies to you<p>: also- lose the extra **** in the subject line<p>: Bruce<br>: 98 M roadster<br>: 01 E46 M3<p></i>

David
12-11-1998, 10:33 AM
Did you check out the name this poster used. I think that says a lot. Maybe this was posted just to incite. Immitation is the best form of flattery. The only time I feel an M badge is due is when someone has put an M engine in a non M care and badged it as a combo. Such as 318M or 325M. These people used the M after the number respecting the orginal M but recognizing the origin of the car. In a way I admire folks who do this because I believe they took a risk and put a lot of work into thier cars.

Ronnie
12-11-1998, 12:39 PM
<i>: hey..<br>: where can i get the M3 logo?? I want to take my 318i<br>: thing off and put the M3 logo on the back of my car? Any sugggestions where I can do that? <p>While you're at it, slap a giant VTEC stick across the side of your 318i. That way the boy in his tricked out Civic will give you some respect. ;-)<p>http://riceboypage.com/

Rick
12-11-1998, 08:54 PM
Where the hell did you find that stuff? I was rolling on the floor, doing the famous LOL !<p>:-)

Hejo
12-11-1998, 10:10 PM
I don't know why you guys are laughing. This is a person's car. He can do whatever he wants to do with it. He's simply asking where to get one. You shouldn't be critizing but helping him. <p>Anyways .. thats my opinion.<p>Thanks<br>Peace out!

Bruce
12-11-1998, 11:22 PM
<i>: I don't know why you guys are laughing. This is a person's car. He can do whatever he wants to do with it. He's simply asking where to get one. You shouldn't be critizing but helping him. </i><p>you obviously don't get it and neither does the original poster...it is something that can't be explained, it has to be felt<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster<br>01 E46 M3

Steve
12-12-1998, 08:02 PM
<i>: hey..<br>: where can i get the M3 logo?? I want to take my 318i<br>: thing off and put the M3 logo on the back of my car? Any sugggestions where I can do that? <p>: Once you put the M3 logo on.. can you take it off and put back the 318i or what? like if you want to sell your car you want to put back on the 318i.. u know??<p>: can anyone help... let me know..<p></i>

Bobby
12-14-1998, 09:14 AM
Simple... You can't. BMW's Motorsports division won't sell you one unless you can prove you own a M car. Even then, it takes a few weeks. I found a couple somewhere (not telling) and he said he would only sell it to someone who owns a M car. So basically, you're SOL.<p>

Eric Nguyen
12-14-1998, 05:19 PM
This reminds me of an incident this weekend.......friends of mine and I were heading to Eugene from Portland in our M3's when I noticed some headlights in the distance zipping through traffic. The car pulled up next to me to pass when I noticed the M3 badge on the on the trunk. Although it was lowered and had decent rims, I also noticed 325 front/rear spoilers and side mirrors, missing side markers, and thin door trim. Once the driver noticed the occupants of two REAL M3s were looking (and laughing) at him, he suddenly had to hit the next exit. <p><br>There's nothing wrong with upgrading your car as much as you want, put the entire M3 body kit, rims, and supspension on if you wish....but please don't assume the identity of a car that you don't have. For all it's worth, I don't drive around with a McLaren badge on my car....

pem318i
12-27-1998, 11:42 AM
i would never think of putting a m sticker on my 318i beamer........i strive to own a real m coupe.....much respect.....<p>patti

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index