Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

john W
12-11-1998, 12:45 AM
At a local BMW CCA meeting tonight, a reliable BMW<br>rep has good info that the E46 M3 would not be in this country for sale until spring of 2001, about a year after the car appears overseas.

DCC
12-11-1998, 09:46 AM
Thats nothing new...it was the same way with the E36 M3 also.<p><p><br><i>: At a local BMW CCA meeting tonight, a reliable BMW<br>: rep has good info that the E46 M3 would not be in this country for sale until spring of 2001, about a year after the car appears overseas.<p></i>

David
12-11-1998, 10:21 AM
This way they can be sure to clear out current inventories world wide. Moreover, they create a clear market window for the M Coupe and M Roadster. They also want to give the new M5 a window in the market as well.

Matt
12-12-1998, 12:24 AM
I know people complain how the Euro cars have more power. However, Europeans pay much more for the privelage of owning a car. It would cost an additional $11k to have the 320hp Euro spec model M3 in the states. Europeans pay 3-4X what we do for gas. Let's face it, we Americans have it made when it comes to owning cars. Heck, for $11k in the aftermarket you could have a 500hp turbocharged supercar M3. Relax!<p><i>: At a local BMW CCA meeting tonight, a reliable BMW<br>: rep has good info that the E46 M3 would not be in this country for sale until spring of 2001, about a year after the car appears overseas.<p></i>

BerkeleyBruin
12-14-1998, 01:24 AM
I have a supercharged M3 so power isn't the issue here. I just hope that BMW would offer both models here in the U.S., just like what they did to the Asian markets. (offer both U.S. and European model) The buyer should get the opportunity to choose which one suits them the most (the cheaper and torquey U.S. model or the more-expensive 320hp supercar.) I know that they did some research and found out that most U.S. buyers wouldn't pay $50,000 or more for the European model. However, I'm sure there are many others like me who wouldn't mind paying extra for the higher performance one. Leave the decision to us!<p><i>: At a local BMW CCA meeting tonight, a reliable BMW<br>: rep has good info that the E46 M3 would not be in this country for sale until spring of 2001, about a year after the car appears overseas.<p></i>

Fred
12-15-1998, 09:44 PM
I was in Munich last week speaking to some folks at BMW about it. 80% of M cars are sold in the US. The E46 M3 will be identical worldwide, not like it was before. Most expect it to be a 340Hp dual Vanos 3.4-3.6L car.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index