Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

C.L.
12-11-1998, 11:19 PM
What is the difference between a 328is airbox and a M3 airbox? Is it the size and the amount of air flow going through or is it the same? I was also wondering if it is possible to put in a M3 airbox in a 328is. Thank in advance.

m3niko
12-12-1998, 05:18 PM
<i>: What is the difference between a 328is airbox and a M3 airbox? Is it the size and the amount of air flow going through or is it the same? I was also wondering if it is possible to put in a M3 airbox in a 328is. Thank in advance.<p></i>

DCC
12-13-1998, 11:28 AM
<i>: : What is the difference between a 328is airbox and a M3 airbox? Is it the size and the amount of air flow going through or is it the same? I was also wondering if it is possible to put in a M3 airbox in a 328is. Thank in advance.<p></i>

m3niko
12-13-1998, 03:41 PM
The Euro Airbox looks identical to the US Airbox; it even uses the same air filter. But the opening where the mass air meter mounts is larger on the Euro box (3 1/2"), where the US box's opening is smaller for the US meter (3").<p>The Euro Airbox does not flow any more than the US Airbox though. They both have the exact same opening for the air intake (before the air filter at the front of the box). The hot ticket for power production, whether you're using the US or Euro mass air meter, is a shielded K&N cone filter.<p>Nick<p><i>: : : What is the difference between a 328is airbox and a M3 airbox? Is it the size and the amount of air flow going through or is it the same? I was also wondering if it is possible to put in a M3 airbox in a 328is. Thank in advance.<p></i>

Fred
12-15-1998, 09:40 PM
Actually, the intake from the airbox is significantly larger than the US spec. I have had both and don't see much difference one way or the other, except cost.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index