Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

bill
12-13-1998, 04:29 PM
i've had my 98 M3 sedan since may and i love it! i've got about 7500 miles on it. perodically, usually in traffic, easing to a stop at a stopsign, the brakes SQUEAL. it doesn't occur when i stop from a high speed. the brakes appear to work fine otherwise.<p>does anyone out there have a similiar problem? do i have to live with it? or is there something i can do (other than racheting down my seatbelt so i don't go through the winshield when i race to the the next stopsign and slam on the brakes while simultaneously scaring the **** out of the driver in front of me!)?

m3niko
12-13-1998, 06:13 PM
Go to www.bmwmpower.com and click on service bulletins. There is a bulletin from BMW regarding the brake squeal that you have.<p>Nick<p><i>: i've had my 98 M3 sedan since may and i love it! i've got about 7500 miles on it. perodically, usually in traffic, easing to a stop at a stopsign, the brakes SQUEAL. it doesn't occur when i stop from a high speed. the brakes appear to work fine otherwise.<p>: does anyone out there have a similiar problem? do i have to live with it? or is there something i can do (other than racheting down my seatbelt so i don't go through the winshield when i race to the the next stopsign and slam on the brakes while simultaneously scaring the **** out of the driver in front of me!)? <p></i>

David
12-14-1998, 08:44 AM
I have the same problem and it drives me nuts and the squeel is very very loud. Here I have this very nice car and it sounds like it has major brake problems. I have been using metal master pads and maybe I will switch to something else and see if that works.

Preston
12-14-1998, 10:19 AM
<i>: i've had my 98 M3 sedan since may and i love it! i've got about 7500 miles on it. perodically, usually in traffic, easing to a stop at a stopsign, the brakes SQUEAL. it doesn't occur when i stop from a high speed. the brakes appear to work fine otherwise.<p>: does anyone out there have a similiar problem? do i have to live with it? or is there something i can do (other than racheting down my seatbelt so i don't go through the winshield when i race to the the next stopsign and slam on the brakes while simultaneously scaring the **** out of the driver in front of me!)? <p></i>

Bruce
12-14-1998, 09:22 PM
is not with teh pad/rotor interface it is with the pad/caliper interface....the thing to do it gets some anti squeak stuuf (from Bav auto, girot's or maybe even the local auto parts store) and put it behind the pad, break squeal goes away...guess i will fix mine when i upgrade to the euro floating rotors<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster<br>01 E46 M3 (Euro delivery)

Steve
12-15-1998, 10:29 AM
you can search www.eskimo.com (The Unofficial E36 Home Page) for more info. Search "Plastilube"<p>Steve<p><i>: is not with teh pad/rotor interface it is with the pad/caliper interface....the thing to do it gets some anti squeak stuuf (from Bav auto, girot's or maybe even the local auto parts store) and put it behind the pad, break squeal goes away...guess i will fix mine when i upgrade to the euro floating rotors<p>: Bruce<br>: 98 M roadster<br>: 01 E46 M3 (Euro delivery)<p></i>

Benjamin
12-15-1998, 05:25 PM
I'm also having that problem with the brake squeel. It's annoying. I'm going to try the anti-brake squeel lubricant from Bavarian Autosports. Feel free to email me in a month or so to see if I've had any luck with it. bhart@heritageofcare.com<p><i>: I have the same problem and it drives me nuts and the squeel is very very loud. Here I have this very nice car and it sounds like it has major brake problems. I have been using metal master pads and maybe I will switch to something else and see if that works.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index