Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

///Marwan
12-14-1998, 07:02 PM
I have a '97 M3(stick,17kmiles), everytime i start my car in the mornning, i hear a scratching noise from the ignition! It sounds exactly like the sound you hear when you hold the key on ignition. It seems to only happen when the engine is cold. Anyone experiencing the same problem?<p><p>///Marwan

Mike
12-14-1998, 10:37 PM
<i>: I have a '97 M3(stick,17kmiles), everytime i start my car in the mornning, i hear a scratching noise from the ignition! It sounds exactly like the sound you hear when you hold the key on ignition. It seems to only happen when the engine is cold. Anyone experiencing the same problem?<p><br>: ///Marwan<p></i> Marwan ,I also have the same problem on my 97' M3. I hope someone could shed more light to this matter.<br>Mike

///Marwan
12-15-1998, 01:07 PM
>>Marwan ,I also have the same problem on my 97' M3. I hope someone could shed more light to this matter<<<p>I hope this not a defect on '97 ///M3s<p><p><br>///Marwan

///Marwan
12-15-1998, 01:08 PM
>>Marwan ,I also have the same problem on my 97' M3. I hope someone could shed more light to this matter<<<p>I hope this not a defect on '97 ///M3s<p><p><br>///Marwan

Bill
12-27-1998, 12:25 AM
I have a 97 M3 sedan, when it is cold it seems that the pinion is a little slow to disengauge from the ring gear. I turn the key to start the motor faster than I would when it is hot. Just give it a quick blip to start the engine. The engine will start and there will be no grinding. If it doesn't start just give it another quick blip, and it will start with no noise. You are staying on the starter too long.<p>Bill

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index