Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Preston
12-14-1998, 09:09 PM
<br>You said on the Z3 board that it hard to dyno an OBDII car. Why?<p> I have done it several times and am wondering if you are alluding to OBDII having a significant influence on the results. <p>Regards,<br>Preston<br>98 M3/4

Bruce
12-14-1998, 09:19 PM
<i>: You said on the Z3 board that it hard to dyno an OBDII car. Why?</i><p>the explanation went over my head, but it was authored by JimC on the E36 M3 list or on the Digest...something about resetting this and that<p>sorry i can't be of more help<p>Bruce

Preston
12-15-1998, 09:03 AM
<br>Probably has something to do with its "memory" of how you are driving and you would have to drive the car hard to get it to full performance. Makes sense with my experience, my first couple of dyno runs are always low and then they build up over time and then level out. I figured it was due to temps reaching optimal levels but it might be due to OBDII type things.<p>I'll search my emails and see if I can find anything by JimC that gives me a better clue.<p>Thanks,<br>Preston<br>98 M3/4<br>

Steve
12-15-1998, 12:52 PM
<i>: : You said on the Z3 board that it hard to dyno an OBDII car. Why?<p>: the explanation went over my head, but it was authored by JimC on the E36 M3 list or on the Digest...something about resetting this and that<p>: sorry i can't be of more help<p>: Bruce<p></i>

Steve
12-15-1998, 12:52 PM
<i>: : You said on the Z3 board that it hard to dyno an OBDII car. Why?<p>: the explanation went over my head, but it was authored by JimC on the E36 M3 list or on the Digest...something about resetting this and that<p>: sorry i can't be of more help<p>: Bruce<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index