Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JOHN
12-16-1998, 12:03 AM
I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what

Bruce
12-16-1998, 12:13 AM
choose to be smart and do it on the track where it belongs...racing on the street is plain STUPID....the key word in you post is bolded<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster (would love a 944TS for the track, but i need to hit the looto for that one, so the roadster is the pseudo track car at the moment)<br>01 E46 M3<p><p><br><i>: I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a <b>young</a> fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p></i>

Bruce
12-16-1998, 12:13 AM
choose to be smart and do it on the track where it belongs...racing on the street is plain STUPID....the key word in you post is bolded<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster (would love a 944TS for the track, but i need to hit the looto for that one, so the roadster is the pseudo track car at the moment)<br>01 E46 M3<p><p><br><i>: I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a <b>young</b> fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p></i>

Jersey Joe
12-16-1998, 12:15 AM
Since when does "punching it at a red light" constitute racing??!?!?! Did you ever stop to think that this "old guy" may only open his car up at autocrosses, rallies or other track events where safety is paramount? People may be modifying their cars for BMW Car Club Of America sanctioned events on the weekends, not for "Formula Ram Air Firebirds" when they're "on a red light" as you so eloquently put it. "That dosen't make no sense" to me.<p><i>: I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p></i>

Jersey Joe
12-16-1998, 12:17 AM
<i>: choose to be smart and do it on the track where it belongs...racing on the street is plain STUPID....the key word in you post is bolded<p>: Bruce<br>: 98 M roadster (would love a 944TS for the track, but i need to hit the looto for that one, so the roadster is the pseudo track car at the moment)<br>: 01 E46 M3<p><br>: <br>: : I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a <b>young</b> fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p></i>

KBP
12-16-1998, 12:31 AM
<i>: I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p></i><p>I think most people on this board is more of a track racer not street racer...

Preston
12-16-1998, 10:00 AM
<br>Some of us young guys spend way to much of our disposable income just so we can be go round and round in circles really fast and bitch about tenths of seconds...<p>944TS - we can all dream of an easy 400HP in a low weight perfect balance car. That was actually the first car (actually just a 944) I ever drove at Lime Rock and some day I'll get back to it.<p>Regards,<br>Preston<br>98 M3/4

David
12-16-1998, 12:08 PM
The only place to race is on the track not on the street. I give the guy you mentioned with the Dinan M3 a lot of credit because he knows he has the power to out drive you but chose not to.

john W
12-16-1998, 01:15 PM
On the other website (Haven), this same question was brought up? Do any adults drive M3's? Alot of people race short distances on the street, maybe the "Dinan M3 old guy" looked around and it did not look safe. Especially with a young fanatic in the other car who can't even spell the word......no telling what the fanatic-kid might do in an emergency situation at night. I can't blame the "old guy", I would probably not have raced the young fanatic either. Incidentally who's paying for the 1998 M3, sometimes that makes the difference when it is safe to race on the street?

Hu
12-16-1998, 01:32 PM
<i>I have to laugh at all of you "holier than now bmw owners" who preach racing on the track. Have you never raced on the road, just a little stop light action? If you are driving a highly modified car and don't let in to your bad side every once and awhile, check your pulse and turn your car in for a for a nissan. <p>Hu<br>96 Ruf Turbo R <p>: I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p><br></i>

Jersey Joe
12-16-1998, 02:25 PM
the phrase "holier than thou"(not 'now'). How about the phrase "to each his own"...ever hear of that one? Anybody should be able to modify their car and use it as they see fit. If they're 'posers', then so be it. Yes, we know your RUF Turbo R is probably king of the hill at all the stoplights in your area, but are we supposed to be impressed??? Not all of us want to "let in to our bad side", Darth, and may the force be with you... 8^)<p><i>: I have to laugh at all of you "holier than now bmw owners" who preach racing on the track. Have you never raced on the road, just a little stop light action? If you are driving a highly modified car and don't let in to your bad side every once and awhile, check your pulse and turn your car in for a for a nissan. <p>: Hu<br>: 96 Ruf Turbo R <p>: : I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p><br></i>

Bruce
12-16-1998, 09:07 PM
<i>: <br>: Some of us young guys spend way to much of our disposable income just so we can be go round and round in circles really fast and bitch about tenths of seconds...<p>: 944TS - we can all dream of an easy 400HP in a low weight perfect balance car. That was actually the first car (actually just a 944) I ever drove at Lime Rock and some day I'll get back to it.<p>: Regards,<br>: Preston<br>: 98 M3/4</i><p>does 28 qualify to be young? i would love to get a track car (like i said 944TS)...wish i had more money than sense! :)<p>what i meant was that usually as you get older you see how some things you did when you were younger were foolish<p>Bruce

PM3
12-16-1998, 09:33 PM
<i>: On the other website (Haven), this same question was brought up? Do any adults drive M3's? Alot of people race short distances on the street, maybe the "Dinan M3 old guy" looked around and it did not look safe. Especially with a young fanatic in the other car who can't even spell the word......no telling what the fanatic-kid might do in an emergency situation at night. I can't blame the "old guy", I would probably not have raced the young fanatic either. Incidentally who's paying for the 1998 M3, sometimes that makes the difference when it is safe to race on the street?<p></i>

JOHN
12-16-1998, 11:18 PM
<<p>The real competition is on the streets, not on the track, you guys talk lot of ****, but can u back the **** up. It sad to see u fucken pussies who drive a bad *** car and not able to race it. Sound to me like a buch of god dam fucken *** pussies.<p><p><p><p><p><p>i>: I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p></i>

Hu
12-17-1998, 11:23 AM
<i>: the phrase "holier than thou"(not 'now'). How about the phrase "to each his own"...ever hear of that one? Anybody should be able to modify their car and use it as they see fit. If they're 'posers', then so be it. Yes, we know your RUF Turbo R is probably king of the hill at all the stoplights in your area, but are we supposed to be impressed??? Not all of us want to "let in to our bad side", Darth, and may the force be with you... 8^)<p>: : I have to laugh at all of you "holier than now bmw owners" who preach racing on the track. Have you never raced on the road, just a little stop light action? If you are driving a highly modified car and don't let in to your bad side every once and awhile, check your pulse and turn your car in for a for a nissan. <p>: : Hu<br>: : 96 Ruf Turbo R <p>: : : I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p><br></i>

Hu
12-17-1998, 11:31 AM
And to think...a guy with an English degree making that mistake. I'm a fool. No driving the roof for a day!!

Jersey Joe
12-17-1998, 01:38 PM
We'll let you go this time, Hu, but only because you have a 'roof'!!! 8^)<p><i>: And to think...a guy with an English degree making that mistake. I'm a fool. No driving the roof for a day!!<p></i>

john W
12-17-1998, 02:42 PM
Hey, pro/semipro tennis player, thought maybe you'd forgotten those times long ago. What about 9-ball, any interest there? Again thanks for the JCchip info, its going in today.

PM3
12-17-1998, 04:47 PM
Don't do anything I wouldn't do....hehehehe...PM3<p>By the way, what on earth is 9 ball??? <p><br><i>: Hey, pro/semipro tennis player, thought maybe you'd forgotten those times long ago. What about 9-ball, any interest there? Again thanks for the JCchip info, its going in today.<p></i>

john W
12-17-1998, 07:38 PM
Its a hugh more-pro like step-up from 8-ball. Hope you're right about the ease of chip-self implanting, but here goes. Again thanks for all the good info.

M3 Willie
12-18-1998, 04:30 PM
Havn't met up with a Porshe driver yet that could keep up through more than 2 turns. Maybe because all they do is use up the tires driving fast in straight lines. My old Camaro used to do that too for about 1/10 the cost.<p><i>: I have to laugh at all of you "holier than now bmw owners" who preach racing on the track. Have you never raced on the road, just a little stop light action? If you are driving a highly modified car and don't let in to your bad side every once and awhile, check your pulse and turn your car in for a for a nissan. <p>: Hu<br>: 96 Ruf Turbo R <p>: : I hear on this message board people putting in exhaust,chips, superchargers but do you even race your cars? I am a young fanactic owner of a 1998 m3 4dr 5spd and my car is all stock. I have 1,700 miles on it and i have raced many cars as the formula ram air firebird and a 93 mustang gt. My point is you guys put chargers, chips etc, but dont race your cars. That doesnt make no sense. Like last week, on a friday night I pulled out up to a 2 dr m3 around 95 yr. We were on a red light, and i punched it after the light, the old guy didn't even race me, in fact his car was a dinan m3. My comment is to all those people who dont race but have a exhaust,etc? Are u gys scarced of losing or what <p><br></i>

Joe Wind
12-19-1998, 08:37 PM
of damaging their "status" symbol. It is like they just bought this fabrege egg that they paid way too much for. Would you start throwing around your new fabrege egg that you just paid $10,000 for? Of course not.<p>Ok, ok, ok...apologizes to the only three road racers on this entire message board. We know this doesn't apply to you. <p>And don't give me this crap about how the rest of you auto-X and road race. Auto crossing your BMW twice does not qualify you as racer.

Rick Carlstrom
12-21-1998, 08:33 AM
<i>: of damaging their "status" symbol. It is like they just bought this fabrege egg that they paid way too much for. Would you start throwing around your new fabrege egg that you just paid $10,000 for? Of course not.<br></i><p>You can get a Fabrege egg for only $10k! The one I have hanging from the rearview mirror of my M3 cost me $150k!!! (that my I don't road race)<p> :)<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index