Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

KBP
12-16-1998, 12:37 AM
Season Greetings,<p>I just got interested in putting in a new exhaust in my M3. I came up with ES, Remus, and Stromung. I am particularly interested in the ES system. Does anyone one know or have the ES on thier car? What kind of performance gain will ES yield ... I compare to Stromung and SS? How is the ES finished, quality, adn reliability? Does the ES system only come with the DTM tips? and what do you think about the ES exhaust system overall?<br>I know i have a lot of questions, well I would appreciated if someone could answers these for me.<p>Happy Driving,<br>Krit P.<br>

C.L.
12-16-1998, 03:57 PM
I e-mailed es technical roadsports and got a few more info. The exhaust they told me is made of stainless steel material and performance varies depending on the mods you have in your car. The normal gains of the exhaust is 5-12% which I'm not surprise since all aftermarket systems seems to be claiming this. Like you told me last time, the sound of the exhaust is somewhat like a remus and a acs tone or sound. But, right now I'm really leaning towards the es exhaust because of its price.<p>C.L.<br>Blk/Blk '97 328is

PM3
12-16-1998, 09:25 PM
Supersprint has an extremely well built exhaust. With already having a JC chip, flywheel, and the intake done I felt great gains in the upper RPM's with the Supersprint DTM (they also have round tips). Also, the HKS Dragger is not bad either, actually it works great, and that's only like $500. The Supersprint is around $800. I have heard some descent things about the ES, but don't know anyone that has it, although I know of people selling it for around $200 used..If you want to see what the SS DTM looks like, check it out:<p>www.geocities.com/motorcity/pit/7144<p>CYA>PM3<p><i>: I e-mailed es technical roadsports and got a few more info. The exhaust they told me is made of stainless steel material and performance varies depending on the mods you have in your car. The normal gains of the exhaust is 5-12% which I'm not surprise since all aftermarket systems seems to be claiming this. Like you told me last time, the sound of the exhaust is somewhat like a remus and a acs tone or sound. But, right now I'm really leaning towards the es exhaust because of its price.<p>: C.L.<br>: Blk/Blk '97 328is<p></i>

C.L.
12-16-1998, 10:06 PM
PM3,<p>You said that you know people selling the exhaust. I was wondering if you know why they are selling it. Is it to loud or the quality or something like that.<p>PS, I'll be sending a picture of my car to you for your web page. When its developed.<p>C.L.

PM3
12-16-1998, 11:54 PM
The people that are selling it, I think one was in the Roundel, not sure, but one IS on the M3 mailing list. Write it and see:<br>e36m3@mailing-list.com<p>Try that out, and just write a general message that you are looking for the ES exhaust, help appreciated, and then wait for the responses. Or I can check, just send me your email (and your pics soon :) ), and I'll let you know. Saw it fo $200.<p>CYA<br>PM3<br>www.geocities.com/motorcity/pit/7144<p><i>: PM3,<p>: You said that you know people selling the exhaust. I was wondering if you know why they are selling it. Is it to loud or the quality or something like that.<p>: PS, I'll be sending a picture of my car to you for your web page. When its developed.<p>: C.L.<p><br></i>

aaron reitman
12-18-1998, 11:33 PM
I own the supersprint w/ the DTM tips on my M3, and it is the best exaust I have ever owned(including borla and hks) Buy it, it is a wise move :)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index