Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

john W
12-16-1998, 01:28 PM
Recently purchased a JC chip. However, planning a 2K trip thru the mountains over X-mas. Has anyone with one of these chips had any problems with starting, idleing, or any other unreliability problems? I thought if any reports with such problems, I'd wait until after the return trip to install. Thanks for any info.

Thao
12-16-1998, 02:52 PM
<i>: Recently purchased a JC chip. However, planning a 2K trip thru the mountains over X-mas. Has anyone with one of these chips had any problems with starting, idleing, or any other unreliability problems? I thought if any reports with such problems, I'd wait until after the return trip to install. Thanks for any info.<p></i><p><br>I don't know about the earlier chips (95 M3's) but for my Jim C OBD II software. Not a single problem yet. I have had it for about 5 months now.

Ben
12-16-1998, 10:54 PM
I have had the JC Chip in my '95 M3 for about 6 months. Just got back from a 2700 mile trip. Not a single problem. Go for it!!!<p><br><i>: : Recently purchased a JC chip. However, planning a 2K trip thru the mountains over X-mas. Has anyone with one of these chips had any problems with starting, idleing, or any other unreliability problems? I thought if any reports with such problems, I'd wait until after the return trip to install. Thanks for any info.<p><br>: <br>: I don't know about the earlier chips (95 M3's) but for my Jim C OBD II software. Not a single problem yet. I have had it for about 5 months now.<p></i>

john W
12-16-1998, 11:23 PM
Ben: What about the performance improvement, is it as noticeable as they say?

john W
12-16-1998, 11:26 PM
<i>: I have had the JC Chip in my '95 M3 for about 6 months. Just got back from a 2700 mile trip. Not a single problem. Go for it!!!<p>: <br>What about the induction system, are you using a K&N filter or leaving it stock with the JC chip?

Peter F.
12-17-1998, 10:18 AM
<i>: I have had the JC Chip in my '95 M3 for about 6 months. Just got back from a 2700 mile trip. Not a single problem. Go for it!!!<br></i><p>Where did you get it from? Did you install it yourself?<br>Does it affect driveability in city traffic?<br>

john W
12-19-1998, 05:02 PM
Go to MHaven (JC chip installation), some of these<br>questions are discussed.

Peter F.
12-22-1998, 10:17 AM

Ted
12-24-1998, 05:53 PM
I just purchased a 1995 M3 and I am considering some "bolt on" mods, a chip being one. What difference did you notice with the chip?<br>Thanks<br>Ted<p><i>: I have had the JC Chip in my '95 M3 for about 6 months. Just got back from a 2700 mile trip. Not a single problem. Go for it!!!<p>: <br>: : : Recently purchased a JC chip. However, planning a 2K trip thru the mountains over X-mas. Has anyone with one of these chips had any problems with starting, idleing, or any other unreliability problems? I thought if any reports with such problems, I'd wait until after the return trip to install. Thanks for any info.<p>: <br>: : <br>: : I don't know about the earlier chips (95 M3's) but for my Jim C OBD II software. Not a single problem yet. I have had it for about 5 months now.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index