Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Kevin Collins
12-19-1998, 07:51 PM
I'm considering buying a '99 M3 coupe.. questions: are they readily available yet, and what can I expect to pay? I almost bought a '98 about a year ago and had a deal just about done at invoice + $3k. Is this reasonable for a '99? Any comments most appreciated.

Bruce
12-19-1998, 10:04 PM
<i>: I'm considering buying a '99 M3 coupe.. questions: are they readily available yet, and what can I expect to pay? I almost bought a '98 about a year ago and had a deal just about done at invoice + $3k. Is this reasonable for a '99? Any comments most appreciated.</i><p>yes they are readily availble...the problem is that it looks like E36 production (including the E36 M3 coupe) will stop in January- convertible production should continue for another year or two<p>price depends on where you live, you will pay more in SF and Seattle for example...i found a dealer this time last year selling em for about $800-1000 over invoice<p>if you want an E36 M3 go for it NOW since the longer you wait the fewer the selection will be and if you want to order it may already be too late...also if you find one that you want on a dealer's lot the ABSOLUTE BEST time to buy is the last few days of the year<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster<br>01 E46 M3

Dev
12-20-1998, 02:54 PM
After a long period of dragging my feet I took the plunge and ordered a '99 M3 coupe yesterday. The dealer told me that according to the anticipated production schedule (which I saw for my own eyes) the last run of M3 coupes will be in April or May. So, as Bruce said, get yours now if you really want one. In the New England area, M3s don't stay in inventory very long and most are pre-sold orders. I only wanted the H/K-CD changer upgrade, sunroof, and Contour wheels so I had to order mine (Titanium silver/black int). The dealer is trying to squeak this order into Jan. production for Feb delivery, otherwise it will be Feb prod, due in March. Now comes the long wait...<p>On a side note- I was originally shopping for either an M3, and M coupe, or a 323i. I chose the M3 because dealers were unwilling to drop even $500 from window on either the M Coupe or the 323i. This obviously will change when production catches up, but I couldn't see paying sticker for ANY car. I'll just have to SETTLE for an M3 :) I would've bought the 323i with the intention of saving my money for the E46 M3 but I figure demand will be so high for that car, it will be a good year or two into production before you can get a half-way decent deal on them. <p><i>: I'm considering buying a '99 M3 coupe.. questions: are they readily available yet, and what can I expect to pay? I almost bought a '98 about a year ago and had a deal just about done at invoice + $3k. Is this reasonable for a '99? Any comments most appreciated.<p></i>

DCC
12-20-1998, 07:41 PM
I got my 99 M3 about a month ago<br>Ordered a Oct production car for Nov delivery<br>The M3s are not exactly flying off the dealer lots, but they are not getting monthly allocation either.<br>So if you find a dealer who has already 1 or 2 on the lot, you may be able to get a better deal.<br>I paid 3K over invoice for mine<br>Email me if you have any questions.<br>Production is scheduled to end in 2/99 or 3/99<p>Dan<p><p><br><i>: I'm considering buying a '99 M3 coupe.. questions: are they readily available yet, and what can I expect to pay? I almost bought a '98 about a year ago and had a deal just about done at invoice + $3k. Is this reasonable for a '99? Any comments most appreciated.<p></i>

Bobby
12-21-1998, 10:46 AM
I just went through this a few weeks ago. Most of the dealers I went to were willing to go invoice + $2500. There's a few M3's that are scheduled to be built in Jan. for mid to late Feb delivery. I didn't want to wait and found a '97 with the options that I wanted and it only had 8900 miles. So I bought that. I've had it for a few weeks and am very happy with it.<p>Oh... this is in the NY area.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index