Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MG
12-20-1998, 12:46 AM
Looking for suggestions on installing a sub in my new M3. I have a 10" tube in the back and it really can't be heard when the rear seats are up. When folded down - no prob. I really do not want to cut any metal in the rear or add too much weight.<p>JL audio makes an enclosure that utilizes the stock rear speaker location - two are needed - but they cost about the same as a good custom enclosure and you lose the rear fill.<p>I really do not want to hear about the merits of BMW sound systems, but would like experiences of anyone that's heard the JL setup or has other alternatives.<p>THANKS!<br>Mark

Preston
12-20-1998, 02:32 PM
<br>JL setup is excellent as long as your not looking for extreme car shaking bass. They are relatively fast and accurate and best of all take up none of your trunk. BTW, you need to have a coupe to use them. I looked into them for my car but with the sedan they won't fit properly.<p>Regards,<br>Preston<br>98 M3/4<br>

Matt
12-20-1998, 04:53 PM
It's really hard to beat the Stealthbox in terms of practicality. It takes up no space and provides good, clean bass. Don't worry about the rear fill, most audiophiles are against it anyways. If you've got a good component set with plenty of power up front you won't miss rear fill at all. MB quart makes a set for the 3 series, I prefer Boston Acoustic Pro. <p><i>: Looking for suggestions on installing a sub in my new M3. I have a 10" tube in the back and it really can't be heard when the rear seats are up. When folded down - no prob. I really do not want to cut any metal in the rear or add too much weight.<p>: JL audio makes an enclosure that utilizes the stock rear speaker location - two are needed - but they cost about the same as a good custom enclosure and you lose the rear fill.<p>: I really do not want to hear about the merits of BMW sound systems, but would like experiences of anyone that's heard the JL setup or has other alternatives.<p>: THANKS!<br>: Mark<p></i>

AARON ///M3
12-21-1998, 01:44 PM
Mark, my name is aaron, I am an m3 owner and a JL dealer as well. The stealthboxes are worth their weight in gold, I would highly suggest that you get them. They tend to work so well, that I usually offer a money back deal if the person doesn't like them, amd in three years of selling them, I've never had anyone take me up on the offer. If you have any other questions about it, fell free to email me, thanks,<br> Aaron

AARON ///M3
12-21-1998, 01:45 PM
Mark, my name is aaron, I am an m3 owner and a JL dealer as well. The stealthboxes are worth their weight in gold, I would highly suggest that you get them. They tend to work so well, that I usually offer a money back deal if the person doesn't like them, amd in three years of selling them, I've never had anyone take me up on the offer. If you have any other questions about it, fell free to email me, thanks,<br> Aaron

Chieh
12-22-1998, 04:22 AM
Do the rear speakers need to be removed permanently (running fronts only)? I have replaced the rear speakers to MB Quart so I don't have the stock "space-taking" plastic box (95 M3).

MG
12-24-1998, 02:13 AM
They do...<p><br><i>: Do the rear speakers need to be removed permanently (running fronts only)? I have replaced the rear speakers to MB Quart so I don't have the stock "space-taking" plastic box (95 M3). <p></i>

Ben
12-30-1998, 10:51 AM
Aaron, what's your email address?<p><i>: Mark, my name is aaron, I am an m3 owner and a JL dealer as well. The stealthboxes are worth their weight in gold, I would highly suggest that you get them. They tend to work so well, that I usually offer a money back deal if the person doesn't like them, amd in three years of selling them, I've never had anyone take me up on the offer. If you have any other questions about it, fell free to email me, thanks,<br>: Aaron<p></i>

Eric Nguyen
01-07-1999, 08:04 PM
I too am very interested in getting the stealth boxes for my '95 M3, will I miss the rear speakers or does a good set of fronts really make up the difference?? What setup do you recommend for a '95 M3 coupe? I was thinking of the Blaupunkt Toronto in order to keep the stock look....<p>-Eric

aaron reitman
01-12-1999, 10:45 PM
sorry, I guess I forgot my email adress, it is reitmaab@uwec.edu if you have any questions about the m3 stealthbox, or if you need one, i can beat just about any price you'll find!!!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index