Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Preston
12-21-1998, 02:23 PM
<br>My fog light lense cover decided to become less than solid over the weekend. I am wondering if anyone has had any success making this a warranty issue since it is so prevalent a problem (so much so that they raised the fogs on the E46). The lense shows no visible stone damage so the cold water/hot lense theory probably applies.<p>TIA<p>Regards,<br>Preston

m3niko
12-21-1998, 03:06 PM
The dealership will cover a cracked foglight under warranty if they can determine that it's a stress crack and not stone damage. Stone damage will create a central starting point of the crack, and then spread outward. A stress crank will just be a line with no clear indication of where it started.<p>Nick<p><i>: <br>: My fog light lense cover decided to become less than solid over the weekend. I am wondering if anyone has had any success making this a warranty issue since it is so prevalent a problem (so much so that they raised the fogs on the E46). The lense shows no visible stone damage so the cold water/hot lense theory probably applies.<p>: TIA<p>: Regards,<br>: Preston<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index