Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Cage
12-28-1998, 02:05 PM
I've just lowered my M3 with H&R springs and Bilsteins and it didn't seem to lower the car that much. Can some of you M3 owners do me a favor? Measure the gap between your front wheelwell and the top of the tire. Also between the front wheelwell to the center of the rim. H&R claims a 1.5" drop in the front. I know that the Bilsteins actually RAISE the car a little but who knows. Anyways, I'll post the info of before and after if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance.

Rex Tener
12-28-1998, 03:57 PM
<i>: I know that the Bilsteins actually RAISE the car a little but who knows. Anyways, I'll post the info of before and after if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance.<br></i><p>The Bileteins will initially raise the car up, but once they have a couple of hundred miles on them they will drop back down. Mine dropped a 1/2 inch after 400 miles.<p>Rex Tener<br>rex@marimba.com

Cage
12-28-1998, 04:30 PM
I was thinking that I should've gone DTM but I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks.

m3niko
12-28-1998, 05:15 PM
I got the following measurements from my stock suspension '95 M3 with 235/40-17 MXX3's:<p>tire to fender:.....driver's = 1 7/8"......pass = 1 3/8"<br>hub to fender:......driver's = 13 3/4".....pass = 13 1/4"<p>Nick<p><i>: I've just lowered my M3 with H&R springs and Bilsteins and it didn't seem to lower the car that much. Can some of you M3 owners do me a favor? Measure the gap between your front wheelwell and the top of the tire. Also between the front wheelwell to the center of the rim. H&R claims a 1.5" drop in the front. I know that the Bilsteins actually RAISE the car a little but who knows. Anyways, I'll post the info of before and after if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index