Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Dev
12-28-1998, 10:34 PM
I apologize for posting this since this is probably a dead (and dead again) topic but i am interested in the clear euro front, rear and side blinkers. Turner and Bekkers both advertise them as non-DOT approved and "not for use on US highways." Does this mean a car fitted with them would not pass inspection? I would be using the orange bulbs if that makes any difference.<br>I just want to know I won't be hassled by the authorities-that-be because of something this silly. You already have enough trouble with the troopers spotting an M-badge :)<p>

Bruce
12-29-1998, 12:15 AM
before October I would have said no, but the M coupe and roadster now come with clear turn signals (except the one in the front bumpers)<p>technically i would say no, but what about the preludes that have had em for years?<p>*on soap box*<br>what is more dangerous: 1) a car with clear turn signals, or 2) a car using the brake light as a turn signal?<p>i choose #2<br>*off soap box*<p>Bruce<br>98 M roadster<br>01 E46 M3

Dev
12-29-1998, 08:18 PM
<i>: before October I would have said no, but the M coupe and roadster now come with clear turn signals (except the one in the front bumpers)<p>True, come to think of it, the M Coupe I test drove had clear blinkers...<p>: technically i would say no, but what about the preludes that have had em for years?<p>Funny you should mention the preludes- My '97 has all clear blinkers (except for the front bumper-mounted ones)and the rear are shared-brake lights.<p>: *on soap box*<br>: what is more dangerous: 1) a car with clear turn signals, or 2) a car using the brake light as a turn signal?<p>: i choose #2<br>: *off soap box*<p>I agree. If I swap out the lenses on my soon-to-be-delivered-but-the-wait-is-excruciating '99 M3, it'll just be the front corners and side markers. I find that the clear lenses make for a much tidier front. <p>: Bruce<br>: 98 M roadster<br>: 01 E46 M3<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index