Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bob Edwards
12-30-1998, 08:52 AM
I'm getting (it seems to me) excessive wind noise on my '97 M3/4. It seems to be coming in around the window seals; anyone else have this problem? The car is about due for the first "free" service and I thought I'd have the dealer take a look, but the door alignment and so-on looks ok to me. The noise "might" be louder after opening and closing the door, as opposed to after rolling up the window. Maybe seals don't seat as well when door is closed with the window up?<p>Even "reseating" the seals doesn't do away with it entirely, though.<p>Any ideas?<p>Regards,<p>Bob

Steve
12-30-1998, 10:17 AM
Inspect the door gasket. Make sure it is not broken or coming unglued from the car body. Also make sure the window is closing all-the-way into the door-frame for the glass. I'm assuming this is something that just started and wasn't happening before.<p>Steve<br>98 E36<br> <br><i>: I'm getting (it seems to me) excessive wind noise on my '97 M3/4. It seems to be coming in around the window seals; anyone else have this problem? The car is about due for the first "free" service and I thought I'd have the dealer take a look, but the door alignment and so-on looks ok to me. The noise "might" be louder after opening and closing the door, as opposed to after rolling up the window. Maybe seals don't seat as well when door is closed with the window up?<p>: Even "reseating" the seals doesn't do away with it entirely, though.<p>: Any ideas?<p>: Regards,<p>: Bob <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index