Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ben Liaw
12-31-1998, 01:16 AM
i'm about to install euro M3 springs on my 96 E36 M3 as well as bilstein sport shocks.<p>i recall a thread about replacing the rear stock mounts with ones from a E36 convertible for some reason. is this true? anything else before we tear into the suspension?<p>thanks.

Chris Falletta
01-01-1999, 10:07 PM
Ben I resently installed the Bilstein Sports and H&R sports in my 95///M3 and they went in like a glove with no other modifications. They lowered the car 1.0/1.5 and it looks awesome with the new 18" Borbet TDs.......Good luck and enjoy even more outrageous handling...Chris<br>: i'm about to install euro M3 springs on my 96 E36 M3 as well as bilstein sport shocks.<p>: i recall a thread about replacing the rear stock mounts with ones from a E36 convertible for some reason. is this true? anything else before we tear into the suspension?<p>: thanks.<p>

Preston
01-04-1999, 02:59 PM
<br>Ben,<p> Stock rear shock mounts are a major failure point on the pre-98 cars. If you are going to a harder suspension you should defintely get these upgraded either by swapping them or welding them like Dinan does. The later '98 cars have upgraded mounts which I believe are from the convertible but I can't guarantee that it is not a different PN.<p>Regards,<br>Preston<br>98 M3/4<br>

Ben Liaw
01-04-1999, 10:11 PM
preston et al,<p>the 98 has the same rear shock mounts (at least the part number is the same) as my 96 according to the BMW EPC.<p>i've found out that the ticket is the E30 convertible rear shock mounts are beefier. the ones from the E36 are the same wimpy ones on the other E36 cars. the E36 M3's are unique, but apparently, still not strong enough.<p>

Ben Liaw
01-04-1999, 10:11 PM
preston et al,<p>the 98 has the same rear shock mounts (at least the part number is the same) as my 96 according to the BMW EPC.<p>i've found out that the ticket is the E30 convertible rear shock mounts are beefier. the ones from the E36 are the same wimpy ones on the other E36 cars. the E36 M3's are unique, but apparently, still not strong enough.<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index