Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Herc
12-31-1998, 02:11 PM
Happy new year to all !!!!<p>was wondering with inktakes K/N, Art of Roar, RS Akimoto. Which will provide the most benefits ??<br>I plan on goin with the JC chip. Also have heard tal k with installing new intake, some cases there needs to be a heat shield put into to place. Could someone elablorate on this?? <p>Herc<br>98 M3/2

DCC
12-31-1998, 02:14 PM
Go with the Dinan cold air intake system. No heat shield needed.<br>very nice design<p>Dan<p><p><br><i>: Happy new year to all !!!!<p>: was wondering with inktakes K/N, Art of Roar, RS Akimoto. Which will provide the most benefits ??<br>: I plan on goin with the JC chip. Also have heard tal k with installing new intake, some cases there needs to be a heat shield put into to place. Could someone elablorate on this?? <p>: Herc<br>: 98 M3/2<p></i>

JNL
12-31-1998, 04:09 PM
Do NOT go with the Dinan cold air intake unless you are prepared to buy their OBD2 software upgrade with it. In fact, I don't think they will even sell it w/out the software.<p>They have a resonance problem with the intake that has to be "corrected" with software.<p>You are better off with a K&N Cone, heat shield, and Jim Conforti's code.

Norm
12-31-1998, 06:53 PM
<br>: Do NOT go with the Dinan cold air intake unless you are prepared to buy their OBD2 software upgrade with it. In fact, I don't think they will even sell it w/out the software.<p>: They have a resonance problem with the intake that has to be "corrected" with software.<p>: You are better off with a K&N Cone, heat shield, and Jim Conforti's code.<p>Who, if anybody, makes a reasonably priced heat shield that is a bolt in, or similar, type product. I've heard of carbon fibre ones, but that seems kind of overkill/goofy to me..

KennyB
01-01-1999, 11:33 AM
<i>: I am in the process of making my own heat sheid for my K&N cone filter. My prototype is going to be made from 12 guage aluminum (I work in the printing industry, and this is what we use to make plates for the presses)and I plan to cover it with the the same insulation as the hood, so it will blend somewhat with the rest of the engine compartment. I should have it complete by next weekend. If you are interested, give me your e-mail address and I'll send you jpeg of finished product. If you want a copy of the template, just let me know.<br>KennyB 97 M3/4<br>: : Do NOT go with the Dinan cold air intake unless you are prepared to buy their OBD2 software upgrade with it. In fact, I don't think they will even sell it w/out the software.<p>: : They have a resonance problem with the intake that has to be "corrected" with software.<p>: : You are better off with a K&N Cone, heat shield, and Jim Conforti's code.<p>: Who, if anybody, makes a reasonably priced heat shield that is a bolt in, or similar, type product. I've heard of carbon fibre ones, but that seems kind of overkill/goofy to me..<p></i>

Timmy
01-03-1999, 04:02 PM
Or better yet, wait until Jim C. comes out with an intake system for the OBDII cars.<p>Rumor is that he is working on an intake that takes care of the problem that the Dinan system has without kludging around the problem with software.<p>Jim C. is also working on a supercharger setup for the M3 too!!<p>Timmy<br>'98 M3/2

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index