Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Dr.M
01-06-1999, 09:35 AM
<i>I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<br></i>

Steve
01-06-1999, 10:13 AM
<i>: I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p></i>

Bobby
01-06-1999, 10:40 AM
One of the reasons I bought a used '98. I was told Mid to late Feb for the Jan. production cars though. It also depends on where you are. I'm on the east coast.<p>-Bobby

Al B ( Sure ? )
01-06-1999, 10:46 AM
I ordered one too, here in Northern California.<br>Delivery date is late March.<p>Alcan'twaitthatlongB<p><br><i>: I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p></i>

Yella
01-06-1999, 06:44 PM
<br>Hi Al,<p>Would you mind if I ask you where you are getting it from and how much you paid for it? I live in Northern California too. What are the different options you are getting?<p>Thanks and congrats on buying such a fine machine.<p><i>: I ordered one too, here in Northern California.<br>: Delivery date is late March.<p>: Alcan'twaitthatlongB<p>: <br>: : I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p></i>

Al B ( Sure? )
01-06-1999, 07:49 PM
Asking price is $42000. My options are M wing,<br>HK, sunroof, and cruise. Here in Berkeley. We<br>didn't haggle yet, just put in a deposit ( $500 ).<br>I'm thinking of offerring them about $38,000 plus<br>tax. What do you guys think?<p>~Alestorilbluew/blackinteriorB<p><i>: <br>: Hi Al,<p>: Would you mind if I ask you where you are getting it from and how much you paid for it? I live in Northern California too. What are the different options you are getting?<p>: Thanks and congrats on buying such a fine machine.<p>: : I ordered one too, here in Northern California.<br>: : Delivery date is late March.<p>: : Alcan'twaitthatlongB<p>: : <br>: : : I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p></i>

Al B ( Sure ? )
01-06-1999, 07:58 PM
<i>One more thing, the guy said that the M contours<br>are not available anymore, so I'm getting the<br>double spoke M II. ( #&*@$ )<p>: Asking price is $42000. My options are M wing,<br>: HK, sunroof, and cruise. Here in Berkeley. We<br>: didn't haggle yet, just put in a deposit ( $500 ).<br>: I'm thinking of offerring them about $38,000 plus<br>: tax. What do you guys think?<p>: ~Alestorilbluew/blackinteriorB<p>: : <br>: : Hi Al,<p>: : Would you mind if I ask you where you are getting it from and how much you paid for it? I live in Northern California too. What are the different options you are getting?<p>: : Thanks and congrats on buying such a fine machine.<p>: : : I ordered one too, here in Northern California.<br>: : : Delivery date is late March.<p>: : : Alcan'twaitthatlongB<p>: : : <br>: : : : I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p><br></i>

Al B ( Sure ? )
01-06-1999, 07:59 PM
One more thing, the guy said that the M contours<br>are not available anymore, so I'm getting the<br>double spoke M II. ( #&*@$!! )<p><i>: Asking price is $42000. My options are M wing,<br>: HK, sunroof, and cruise. Here in Berkeley. We<br>: didn't haggle yet, just put in a deposit ( $500 ).<br>: I'm thinking of offerring them about $38,000 plus<br>: tax. What do you guys think?<p>: ~Alestorilbluew/blackinteriorB<p>: : <br>: : Hi Al,<p>: : Would you mind if I ask you where you are getting it from and how much you paid for it? I live in Northern California too. What are the different options you are getting?<p>: : Thanks and congrats on buying such a fine machine.<p>: : : I ordered one too, here in Northern California.<br>: : : Delivery date is late March.<p>: : : Alcan'twaitthatlongB<p>: : : <br>: : : : I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p></i>

BillK
01-06-1999, 09:37 PM
Expect to wait 6-8 weeks from the <i>production date</i> to get your car. I ordered a '99 M3 with an early November production date, and picked it up the last week in December, here in Seattle. In the Bay Area, you'll cut out a couple of days of shipping time (all the cars come through LA).<p><i>: One more thing, the guy said that the M contours<br>: are not available anymore, so I'm getting the<br>: double spoke M II. ( #&*@$!! )<br></i><p>Push back on this. I haven't heard anything like that (but what do I know). Make the dealer work hard for you in any case. Ask to see why they're not available any more.<br><i><br>: : Asking price is $42000. My options are M wing,<br>: : HK, sunroof, and cruise. Here in Berkeley. We<br>: : didn't haggle yet, just put in a deposit ( $500 ).<br>: : I'm thinking of offerring them about $38,000 plus<br>: : tax. What do you guys think?<br></i><p>$38K would be a great deal if you can get it! Have M3s been selling slowly in your area?<p>IMHO, the HK sound system is not worth the $$. Save your money and invest it in an aftermarket system, you'll be happier with the results.<p>I'm also partial to the power seats. The manual adjustments are a little more flexible, but a major PITA! Power also lets you tweak your position while driving, nice on a long trip.<p>And, congratulations on your purchase!

Al B
01-07-1999, 11:11 AM
How much did you pay for yours?, if you don't mind me asking. What other options did your car came equip with?<p>I don't think M3's here in our area are selling slow, I just want to try if I can get it at that price. If not, ohhhh well.<p>Is your car estoril blue by any chance?<p>Al B<p><br><i>: Expect to wait 6-8 weeks from the production date to get your car. I ordered a '99 M3 with an early November production date, and picked it up the last week in December, here in Seattle. In the Bay Area, you'll cut out a couple of days of shipping time (all the cars come through LA).<p>: : One more thing, the guy said that the M contours<br>: : are not available anymore, so I'm getting the<br>: : double spoke M II. ( #&*@$!! )<p>: Push back on this. I haven't heard anything like that (but what do I know). Make the dealer work hard for you in any case. Ask to see why they're not available any more.<br>: <br>: : : Asking price is $42000. My options are M wing,<br>: : : HK, sunroof, and cruise. Here in Berkeley. We<br>: : : didn't haggle yet, just put in a deposit ( $500 ).<br>: : : I'm thinking of offerring them about $38,000 plus<br>: : : tax. What do you guys think?<p>: $38K would be a great deal if you can get it! Have M3s been selling slowly in your area?<p>: IMHO, the HK sound system is not worth the $$. Save your money and invest it in an aftermarket system, you'll be happier with the results.<p>: I'm also partial to the power seats. The manual adjustments are a little more flexible, but a major PITA! Power also lets you tweak your position while driving, nice on a long trip.<p>: And, congratulations on your purchase!<p></i>

Yella
01-07-1999, 12:48 PM
<br>$38000 is a good price but I am not sure if the dealer would be willing go down to 38000. I really like the M countours. I would try hard to get them. Did you call other dealerships?<p>I am not sure about HK? I thought you get a CD changer along with it. I don't think it's bad for $975.<p>I am guessing you are going with a 2 door since the production of 4 door stopped. Anyway, good luck with your purchase.<p>P.S:How come cruise control is not listed as an option at bmw website.<p>Take care.<p><i>: Asking price is $42000. My options are M wing,<br>: HK, sunroof, and cruise. Here in Berkeley. We<br>: didn't haggle yet, just put in a deposit ( $500 ).<br>: I'm thinking of offerring them about $38,000 plus<br>: tax. What do you guys think?<p>: ~Alestorilbluew/blackinteriorB<p>: : <br>: : Hi Al,<p>: : Would you mind if I ask you where you are getting it from and how much you paid for it? I live in Northern California too. What are the different options you are getting?<p>: : Thanks and congrats on buying such a fine machine.<p>: : : I ordered one too, here in Northern California.<br>: : : Delivery date is late March.<p>: : : Alcan'twaitthatlongB<p>: : : <br>: : : : I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p></i>

BillK
01-07-1999, 03:50 PM
<i>: How much did you pay for yours?, if you don't mind me asking. What other options did your car came equip with?<br></i><br>Sunroof, cruise, M Contour wheels, powered seats, factory rear wing, OBC. I paid $41.5. I had no trade. Check out CarPoint to get the invoice and sticker prices. My dealer likes to negotiate down from the sticker -- if yours works the same way, start by offering 10% off sticker, and go from there. You will probably need to go up, and will end up between 4% and 8% off.<p>If he really can't get the M Contours for you, beat him over the head with that -- it'll be worth a few % (which you can then spend on aftermarket wheels).<p><i>: Is your car estoril blue by any chance?</i><p>Yes, and it is <b>beautiful!</b> I am very pleased. Estoril blue is distinctive, but not "over the top" like Dakar Yellow or similar colors. Black interior. Only downside is that it doesn't hide dirt particularly well (more of a problem for me here in the rain than it will be for you). Of course, all this means is that I need to spend more QT washing the car. :)

Al B ( Sure? )
01-08-1999, 10:54 AM
Congratulations!!! Have fun!<p>~Alsoonm3ownerB<p><i>: : How much did you pay for yours?, if you don't mind me asking. What other options did your car came equip with?<br>: <br>: Sunroof, cruise, M Contour wheels, powered seats, factory rear wing, OBC. I paid $41.5. I had no trade. Check out CarPoint to get the invoice and sticker prices. My dealer likes to negotiate down from the sticker -- if yours works the same way, start by offering 10% off sticker, and go from there. You will probably need to go up, and will end up between 4% and 8% off.<p>: If he really can't get the M Contours for you, beat him over the head with that -- it'll be worth a few % (which you can then spend on aftermarket wheels).<p>: : Is your car estoril blue by any chance?<p>: Yes, and it is <b>beautiful!</b> I am very pleased. Estoril blue is distinctive, but not "over the top" like Dakar Yellow or similar colors. Black interior. Only downside is that it doesn't hide dirt particularly well (more of a problem for me here in the rain than it will be for you). Of course, all this means is that I need to spend more QT washing the car. :)<p></i>

Al B ( Sure? )
01-08-1999, 12:33 PM
<i>: <br>: $38000 is a good price but I am not sure if the dealer would be willing go down to 38000. I really like the M countours. I would try hard to get them. Did you call other dealerships?<p>No, I did not call other dealerships. I e-mailed BMW-NA, like two months ago. NO REPLY AT ALL!!!<p><br>: I am not sure about HK? I thought you get a CD changer along with it. I don't think it's bad for $975.<p>Yes, cd changer goes with a HK upgrade. On the newer ones,they don't.<p>: I am guessing you are going with a 2 door since the production of 4 door stopped. Anyway, good luck with your purchase.<p>I ordered a coupe, I was thinking about the convertible, but it's TOOO MUCH!!!<p><p>: P.S:How come cruise control is not listed as an option at bmw website.<p>Should be listed at that site.<p>: Take care.<p>: : Asking price is $42000. My options are M wing,<br>: : HK, sunroof, and cruise. Here in Berkeley. We<br>: : didn't haggle yet, just put in a deposit ( $500 ).<br>: : I'm thinking of offerring them about $38,000 plus<br>: : tax. What do you guys think?<p>: : ~Alestorilbluew/blackinteriorB<p>: : : <br>: : : Hi Al,<p>: : : Would you mind if I ask you where you are getting it from and how much you paid for it? I live in Northern California too. What are the different options you are getting?<p>: : : Thanks and congrats on buying such a fine machine.<p>: : : : I ordered one too, here in Northern California.<br>: : : : Delivery date is late March.<p>: : : : Alcan'twaitthatlongB<p>: : : : <br>: : : : : I ordered a '99 M3 in mid December and they told me it was going to be a January production car. I couldn't get a definite answer on when it would arrive in the states. Does anyone know?<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index