Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ricky
01-09-1999, 04:05 PM
I was wondering if BMW has extended warranties available and how are they purchased? Are they bumper to bumper? Do they have to be purchased before a certain mileage/date?

JNL
01-10-1999, 11:58 AM
BMW itself does not offer extended warranties. Many BMW dealers will sell extended warranties that are underwritten by a third party, like Phoenix.<p>The best value in extended warranties is to purchase one straight from the warranty company. There are several that advertise on the web: Warranty Direct, Warranty Gold, etc.

Bill Roswell
01-21-1999, 03:50 PM
Warranties can be purchased from BMW within the first 12 months or 12,000 miles.<p>They are typically $50 deductable and cover almost all items except normal wear. Check with your BMW dealer for specifics.<p>Retail price is about $2400 for 6yr 100K or<br> $1800 for 7yr 75K<p>Remember normal warranty is 4yr 50K<p>Normal service is free for 3 yr 36k miles. This can be extended to 4yr 50k for about $395 which will catch the first Type II inspection at about $500 and an additional oil change.<p>From my research on BMWs, BTY I am a first time owner, I thought the extended warranty would be a good insurance policy.<p>Good Luck.<br>Bill<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index