Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

ADAM
01-10-1999, 12:17 PM
I have a 95 M3. All I have done is the JC chip with the Euro box and Mass Air flow sensor. Stock exhaust. Car has 19k miles on it and whenever the car is on idling or whatever it has some nasty egg fart smell coming from the exhaust I think. Does anyone know where this is from. Smell was there even before the upgrades. Thanks!

m3niko
01-10-1999, 01:30 PM
This is a very common problem with BMW's (mine does it too at times). Actually, BMW has released a service bulletin regarding it. Try changing brands of gasoline for several fill ups and see if it clears up. I now use Chevron gas and my car doesn't smell.<p>Nick<p><i>: I have a 95 M3. All I have done is the JC chip with the Euro box and Mass Air flow sensor. Stock exhaust. Car has 19k miles on it and whenever the car is on idling or whatever it has some nasty egg fart smell coming from the exhaust I think. Does anyone know where this is from. Smell was there even before the upgrades. Thanks!<p></i>

Lartymarf
01-11-1999, 04:38 AM
Or, there could be a dead rodent of some sort in your car. You might want to check exactly where the smell is coming from. And then check that location carefully. <p>Just a thought.<p>Lartymarf

Steve
01-11-1999, 09:03 AM
Go to a different place to fill-up with gas. NOT the place you wnt to last. You got a tank with high-sulfur content (no-big-deal)<p>Steve<p><i>: I have a 95 M3. All I have done is the JC chip with the Euro box and Mass Air flow sensor. Stock exhaust. Car has 19k miles on it and whenever the car is on idling or whatever it has some nasty egg fart smell coming from the exhaust I think. Does anyone know where this is from. Smell was there even before the upgrades. Thanks!<p></i>

G.A. English
01-11-1999, 01:06 PM
If your are starting and stopping the motor without a chance for the cat-converter to warm up before driving and cool down after driving then the smell could occur. The cat works after and has been warmed up and can clog if you start your car in cold weather and immediately race. After driving letting the car idle for a minute will help. It lets the exhaust backup clear and lets the cats cool. The egg problem seems to be worse in the winter around Dallas TX. If a gas station had "bad" gas then all cars with cats would make the egg smell, right?<br>: I have a 95 M3. All I have done is the JC chip with the Euro box and Mass Air flow sensor. Stock exhaust. Car has 19k miles on it and whenever the car is on idling or whatever it has some nasty egg fart smell coming from the exhaust I think. Does anyone know where this is from. Smell was there even before the upgrades. Thanks!<p>

Sean
01-12-1999, 12:42 PM
<i>: I have a 95 M3. All I have done is the JC chip with the Euro box and Mass Air flow sensor. Stock exhaust. Car has 19k miles on it and whenever the car is on idling or whatever it has some nasty egg fart smell coming from the exhaust I think. Does anyone know where this is from. Smell was there even before the upgrades. Thanks!<p></i>Try using different gas...Exxon gas makes my M3 stink like it's been eatin' burritos!!!

ADAM
01-13-1999, 05:17 PM
<br>: I have a 95 M3. All I have done is the JC chip with the Euro box and Mass Air flow sensor. Stock exhaust. Car has 19k miles on it and whenever the car is on idling or whatever it has some nasty egg fart smell coming from the exhaust I think. Does anyone know where this is from. Smell was there even before the upgrades. Thanks!<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index