Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Preston
01-11-1999, 12:52 PM
<br>Anyone know of a decent car wash/detail shop in Boston that you trust. My black car is now a pleasant whitish/grey streaked blob and it is to f**kin cold outside to wash it myself.<p>TIA<p>Regards,<br>Preston

Steve
01-11-1999, 01:08 PM
Be careful with carwash water left behind in these cold temps. I live in CT and have decided not to get water on the car in these temps...epecially at night when it gets cold again. They can't dry the inside of doors etc. Then the water just freezes/thaws/freezes/thaws and probably will cause some stuck doors and locks. Maybe even start some rust somewhere. Keep it dry until it warms-up a little (say 45 in the day and 38 at night) Just my thoughts.<p>Steve<br>98 E36 --that ain't lookin too good right now either<p><i>: <br>: Anyone know of a decent car wash/detail shop in Boston that you trust. My black car is now a pleasant whitish/grey streaked blob and it is to f**kin cold outside to wash it myself.<p>: TIA<p>: Regards,<br>: Preston<p></i>

steve
01-11-1999, 03:30 PM
Try to find an indoor garage w/ a washing area. My garage in my apt. fortunately has a very nice washing station with 'warm' water! Plus it's very warm inside so I can wash my car all year round. <br>I live in Baltimore now, and I can't help you.. if I lived in Boston apt. I'd let you in and wash/detail your bimmer!<p>Try "dr. detail" in the parking lot of Copley Plaza, (not Prudential Center), downtown Boston. They do a good job, IMHO, but they are expensive.<p>steve<br>M3 - pristine shine even in f*&kin NE winter! :)<p><i>: <br>: Anyone know of a decent car wash/detail shop in Boston that you trust. My black car is now a pleasant whitish/grey streaked blob and it is to f**kin cold outside to wash it myself.<p>: TIA<p>: Regards,<br>: Preston<p></i>

steve
01-11-1999, 03:32 PM
<i>: Try to find an indoor garage w/ a washing area. My garage in my apt. fortunately has a very nice washing station with 'warm' water! Plus it's very warm inside so I can wash my car all year round. <br>: I live in Baltimore now, and I can't help you.. if I lived in Boston apt. I'd let you in and wash/detail your bimmer!<p>: Try "dr. detail" in the parking lot of Copley Plaza, (not Prudential Center), downtown Boston. They do a good job, IMHO, but they are expensive.<p>: steve<br>: M3 - pristine shine even in f*&kin NE winter! :)<p>: : <br>: : Anyone know of a decent car wash/detail shop in Boston that you trust. My black car is now a pleasant whitish/grey streaked blob and it is to f**kin cold outside to wash it myself.<p>: : TIA<p>: : Regards,<br>: : Preston<p><br></i>

Jim
01-11-1999, 03:42 PM
There is a place in Braintree, next to Dave Dinger Ford, on Wood Road. It's called AM/PM wash. They do a hand wash, hand dry, and spray it down with some of that silicon waxt stuff to get a good bead... 8 bucks. They do a great job, wheels and all. Get there early though if it's a saturday. Big lines. Open till 6pm.<p>HTH<p>Jim<br>95M3, also a gray blob. Sucks.

Steve
01-11-1999, 08:10 PM
There is a place in the lower level of the galleria mall in cambridge. I have not used them, and dont knw how good they are, but they are there?<br>Steve<p><i>: <br>: Anyone know of a decent car wash/detail shop in Boston that you trust. My black car is now a pleasant whitish/grey streaked blob and it is to f**kin cold outside to wash it myself.<p>: TIA<p>: Regards,<br>: Preston<p></i>

kerofaye
01-12-1999, 08:25 AM
There is a place in Brighton that is excellence.<br>It is right off the Mass Pike exit. <br> <br>I went there last weekend. $18 and they wash the<br>whole car including whatever salt and dirt that<br>you have underneath.<br> <br>Machine Wash though...Is that ok ?

Lemon
01-14-1999, 09:26 AM
Dr.Detail on a lower parking level in Atrium Mall does a great job -- $18 bucks inside out, handwashed. Much better than f%$#&ing ScrubaDub, where similar service would run you around 25 bucks, plus thay use that damaging machinery that scratches your polish. Better call for appointment, 'cose they're pretty busy -- fat neigbourhood, you know. :)<br>Good luck.<br>Lemon<br>97 318is, originally black on black; now ****ty grey on grey<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index