Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

m3guy
01-11-1999, 10:22 PM
I'm looking into buying a supercharger for my 95 M3 and I've heard both sides of the Dinan/ERT crowd. But I've heard that Jim C. is coming out with a supercharger kit, and I'm wondering if I should wait for that. My car has 45k on it right now, and i'm worried that if I wait too long, I might miss my supercharger 'window'. Any comments? Suggestions?

Alan
01-12-1999, 11:34 AM
<i>: I'm looking into buying a supercharger for my 95 M3 and I've heard both sides of the Dinan/ERT crowd. But I've heard that Jim C. is coming out with a supercharger kit, and I'm wondering if I should wait for that. My car has 45k on it right now, and i'm worried that if I wait too long, I might miss my supercharger 'window'. Any comments? Suggestions?</i><p>Check out this link: <a href="http://www.bimmer.org/rms/sc/"><b>RMS message board supercharger special</b></a>.<p>Note, I am not getting paid to host the supercharger special--I am doing it because I think the RMS supercharger is made well and because they are offering a special price to message boarders.<p>The press on RMS superchargers lately has been good...<p><br>--Alan

?
01-12-1999, 06:34 PM
<i>: : I'm looking into buying a supercharger for my 95 M3 and I've heard both sides of the Dinan/ERT crowd. But I've heard that Jim C. is coming out with a supercharger kit, and I'm wondering if I should wait for that. My car has 45k on it right now, and i'm worried that if I wait too long, I might miss my supercharger 'window'. Any comments? Suggestions?<p>: Check out this link: <a href="http://www.bimmer.org/rms/sc/"><b>RMS message board supercharger special</b></a>.<p>: Note, I am not getting paid to host the supercharger special--I am doing it because I think the RMS supercharger is made well and because they are offering a special price to message boarders.<p>: The press on RMS superchargers lately has been good...<p>: <br>: --Alan<p>Don't always believe what you read<p></i>

Alan
01-12-1999, 11:00 PM
<i>: Don't always believe what you read</i><p>So prove them wrong with facts. Until I hear something negative, there's nothing to change the way I see it...<p><br>--Alan

Lawrence
01-13-1999, 02:58 AM
There is a positive article in February's issue of Bimmer magazine (pg 48).<p>Lawrence

Arnold
01-13-1999, 04:08 AM
<br>: There is a positive article in February's issue of Bimmer magazine (pg 48).<p>: Lawrence<p>just ask them for the real actual dyno sheets..i doubt they'll have one to back it up.<p>

Preston
01-13-1999, 09:58 AM
<br>Dyno came out to mid 300's for HP (342 I believe). <br>Driving impression was not that overwhelming. You have to crank the crap out of the engine for anything exciting to happen (this is the nature of the SC, not necessarily RMS's fault). Around town the car was harder to drive than my non-SC M3. SC itself was relatively noisy and the construction quality of the kit was good, but not exceptional. Probably a more reliable SC that the ERT because of the external cooling being used.<p>The car had a full suspension (Bilsteins, H&R's, and RD sways) which was to me a much more impressive upgrade than the SC. <p>I would wait to see what Jim C. comes up with for a SC kit. He is trying some different things than any of these other guys.<p>IMHO the M3 does not have a power issue, fine tuning suspension and tires are going to get you much further. But if you want to race mustangs on the street I guess that is your choice. <p>Regards,<br>Preston<br>98 M3/4<p>

m3guy
01-13-1999, 02:09 PM
what do you know about the Jim C. kit? I know he's tha man when it comes to the OBD stuff, but will he just provide the software for turner's kit or will he make his own? I've heard some details about the kit, but they're kinda sketchy at best.

Preston
01-13-1999, 03:02 PM
<br>He said that he is designing an entire kit from scratch (obviously OEM'ing the SC). He is using a different type of supercharger than ERT or RMS that has much lower full boost RPM pressures. I don't have the details with me at the moment but I'll try to find them when I am near my other computer which has his email.<p>Regards,<br>Preston

Charles
01-15-1999, 06:30 PM
<i>: <br>: Dyno came out to mid 300's for HP (342 I believe). <br>: Driving impression was not that overwhelming. You have to crank the crap out of the engine for anything exciting to happen (this is the nature of the SC, not necessarily RMS's fault). Around town the car was harder to drive than my non-SC M3. SC itself was relatively noisy and the construction quality of the kit was good, but not exceptional. Probably a more reliable SC that the ERT because of the external cooling being used.<p>: The car had a full suspension (Bilsteins, H&R's, and RD sways) which was to me a much more impressive upgrade than the SC. <p>: I would wait to see what Jim C. comes up with for a SC kit. He is trying some different things than any of these other guys.<p>: IMHO the M3 does not have a power issue, fine tuning suspension and tires are going to get you much further. But if you want to race mustangs on the street I guess that is your choice. <p>: Regards,<br>: Preston<br>: 98 M3/4<p></i><p>You know personally,I have brought my 95 M3 turbo into RMS and I was no pleased with their service. They say that it would take awhile to take out my turbocharger out. It took weeks b4 they even started on it. (It never got pulled out) And they would have charged me an arm and a leg to take it out. It was cheaper to get it installed from somewhere else. And I also heard that one person who has gotten their supercharger/stroker motor kit, was told that he would have 454 hp on his M3, but infact when he got it dynoed, it came out to be about 325 at the wheel. And his car has been there at the shop for awhile now. In my personal reference, I'm really not happy with their handling of customers. <br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index