Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

BMW Shopper
05-27-1999, 08:00 AM
I am going to buy a new M3 and I see that some of them come with the Dunlop 8080E and some come with the Michelin Pilot SSX, which are better performance tires? Which provide a smoother ride?

CFL
05-27-1999, 08:23 AM
If I were shopping for a new one, I'd get one with the new<br>Michelin Pilot Sports (they sort of look like S02s). What the heck,<br>it's a new tire and not too many people have tried it.

Brad
05-27-1999, 02:19 PM
<i>: I am going to buy a new M3 and I see that some of them come with the Dunlop 8080E and some come with the Michelin Pilot SSX, which are better performance tires? Which provide a smoother ride? <p></i><p>I have had Mich. MXX3s and Dunlop 8080Es on my 1997 M3/2. The Michelin is a much better performing tire for handling in dry and alittle better in the wet. The Dunlop provides a more comfortable ride. For my needs, I do not like the 8080Es. I prefer better handling performance over ride comfort. I even thought the ride comfort in the MXX3s were perfectly acceptable. But, I have to say something nice about the 8080Es, which do ride alittle better. <p>I hate my 8080Es, they have 6k miles on them, anyone want them? I need an excuse to spend about $1200 more on new Michelins or SO2s. <p>My opinion go with the new Pilots. Make sure your new car has them on it already or have dealer swap them from another to your new M3.

johnW
05-28-1999, 04:33 PM
<i>: I am going to buy a new M3 and I see that some of them come with the Dunlop 8080E and some come with the Michelin Pilot SSX, which are better performance tires? Which provide a smoother ride? <p></i><p>I have never had problems with Michelins, but my earlier Dunlops seemed always difficult to balance. Finally got rid of the Dunlops and went back to Michelins.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index