Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tony
05-27-1999, 12:11 PM
To readers:<p>I've been thinking of buying a detector. However, one thing that's holding me back is how well detectors, including the V1, work against laser guns. Nowadays, at least in Northern California, most if not all guns are laser. So when YOUR detector goes off, YOU've been caught. There's no time for you to slow down. Is this fact? If so, why then do people still buy detectors?<p>Any comments would be greatly appreciated.<p>ADthanksVANCE.<p>Tony

mack
05-27-1999, 12:41 PM
I have been hearing commercials about the "phazer". Any one know whether it work??<p><i>: To readers:<p>: I've been thinking of buying a detector. However, one thing that's holding me back is how well detectors, including the V1, work against laser guns. Nowadays, at least in Northern California, most if not all guns are laser. So when YOUR detector goes off, YOU've been caught. There's no time for you to slow down. Is this fact? If so, why then do people still buy detectors?<p>: Any comments would be greatly appreciated.<p>: ADthanksVANCE.<p>: Tony<p></i>

Morpheus
05-27-1999, 03:21 PM
<i>: To readers:<p>: I've been thinking of buying a detector. However, one thing that's holding me back is how well detectors, including the V1, work against laser guns. Nowadays, at least in Northern California, most if not all guns are laser. So when YOUR detector goes off, YOU've been caught. There's no time for you to slow down. Is this fact? If so, why then do people still buy detectors?<p>: Any comments would be greatly appreciated.<p>: ADthanksVANCE.<p>: Tony<p></i>

Morpheus
05-27-1999, 03:26 PM
<i>: To readers:<p>you're right. Once the detector goes off you'll probably be hauled off (to jail) depending on how fast you were going. <p>In Iowa, only a few departments have laser guns and the cops I've talked to don't like using them. For laser to be accurate the cop has to be stationary. So if a cop tells you he lasered you and he was moving at the time YOU CAN BEAT THAT TICKET! <p>I have a V1 and I've only been lasered once. I've been radared numerous times and this little beauty saved me $ and my license. Good luck!<p>

Brian
05-28-1999, 06:31 AM
<i>: To readers:<p>: I've been thinking of buying a detector. However, one thing that's holding me back is how well detectors, including the V1, work against laser guns. Nowadays, at least in Northern California, most if not all guns are laser. So when YOUR detector goes off, YOU've been caught. There's no time for you to slow down. Is this fact? If so, why then do people still buy detectors?<p>: Any comments would be greatly appreciated.<p>: ADthanksVANCE.<p>: Tony<p></i>

Phil C
05-28-1999, 10:23 AM
Around here, Cleveland, a couple of the local departments now have laser guns. With my V1 I've found that if traffic is not too light I will get a beep or two from laser BEFORE my car is the one being targetted. It will be a really weak signal but that sound is enough to get on the brakes before you get hit since I've never seen a false laser warning. Not nearly as much warning as with radar but at least it is something and it gives you a chance.<p>This may depend on the type of laser gun being used and a lot of other things though too, including the skill of the officer.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index