Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

abcd
06-18-1999, 12:08 AM
What the ****; I even have a Clifford on top of that and have 0 points and no incidents since 1991 (they said NY gives no points for being a safe driver!!). The car was only 36k Anybody have better idea/rate/company. Amica is top-rated in every industry report (next to USAA, but no military here so no qualify). Just another reason to hate NY?

///
06-18-1999, 12:26 AM
<i>: What the ****; I even have a Clifford on top of that and have 0 points and no incidents since 1991 (they said NY gives no points for being a safe driver!!). The car was only 36k Anybody have better idea/rate/company. Amica is top-rated in every industry report (next to USAA, but no military here so no qualify). Just another reason to hate NY?<p></i>AAA insures if you join for $35.00 a year and their really low. Good luck.

dbruce
06-18-1999, 07:05 AM
If you qualify, insuredirect is the cheapest on the planet. My roomate uses them and they are very cheap and a major insurer.<p>I have a fender bender 2.5 years ago which they will not allow me into the plan........<p><br><i>: What the ****; I even have a Clifford on top of that and have 0 points and no incidents since 1991 (they said NY gives no points for being a safe driver!!). The car was only 36k Anybody have better idea/rate/company. Amica is top-rated in every industry report (next to USAA, but no military here so no qualify). Just another reason to hate NY?<p></i>

KURTB
06-18-1999, 12:27 PM
When I had a new 99 M3 in Oakland as a second car with 0 points etc Amica was asking for 4K or more I forget exactly. They just have horrible rates for M3s. Basically I think they are saying they don't want to insure that type of car. They had the best rate for my old 325e though. Most of the other insurance companies quoted me around 1200 - 1400 for an M3. <p>Remember you don't drive the car to work and you do a lot of out of town travel for work and plan to only put 2000 miles a year on it. Also if you have a friend or family member in a nearby suburb with lower rates put that down as the car's address. If you ever have an accident or the insurance company finds you out just say you changed address and forgot to notify them, they can't do anything about it.<p><i>: What the ****; I even have a Clifford on top of that and have 0 points and no incidents since 1991 (they said NY gives no points for being a safe driver!!). The car was only 36k Anybody have better idea/rate/company. Amica is top-rated in every industry report (next to USAA, but no military here so no qualify). Just another reason to hate NY?<p></i>

Franco
06-18-1999, 12:27 PM
I live in Yonkers (Westchester) and have Nationwide Insurance and it costs me under $2,500/year with one accident. They were the lowest I ever found.

R Porter
06-19-1999, 05:28 PM
<i>: What the ****; I even have a Clifford on top of that and have 0 points and no incidents since 1991 (they said NY gives no points for being a safe driver!!). The car was only 36k Anybody have better idea/rate/company. Amica is top-rated in every industry report (next to USAA, but no military here so no qualify). Just another reason to hate NY?<p></i>GEICO charges me $800.00 /year on my '97' (No commuting) and my wife $1,100 / year because she commutes 30 miles/day. We are in Seattle area.

Brooklyn M3
06-20-1999, 10:23 AM
These out of state people just don't get it. They don't know how lucky they are! I live in Brooklyn, and every company I checked was at least $5,000/yr.<br>(A corvette $6000-$7000!) Thats why I had to wait until my parents moved out to Long Island before I could buy my M. I insure it out there for $2300/yr, what I consider "a steal." I can't say I blame NYC; they steal cars like crazy here, with or without lo-jack. However, my salary is double here than if I worked in middle-America, so I feel I still come out ahead of the game.<p>/bILL

abcd
06-20-1999, 01:20 PM
local, property taxes, insurance,cost of goods. Just doing a 'relocation' analysis (this would be a great business for someone to specialize in), and I can already save $15K+(!). yeah, I'll commute for that (not married). Agreed on the job; pay=2X normal; key is cost-cutting to come out ahead net. I will contact a number of other insurers this week. Who do you use? Would you rec. them?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index