Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

KC ///M3
03-14-2000, 01:27 PM
When I bought my '95 M3, it was already outfitted with CAI, Dinan chip and Tri-flo exhaust (the LOUD one). The intake tube snakes down behind the headlight and disappears, which makes me want to say it is a Dinan and not ECIS or similar model (no exposed filter + no heat shield). However, it does not say "Dinan" on it nor is it made of carbon fiber as far as I know. I suppose I could take a hammer to it to find out for sure, but it sure looks like plastic to me. Is this an earlier Dinan model? That would make sense since it has the Dinan chip. I should've gotten more specific info from the last owner but that was sort of glossed over, my mistake. Thanks for any help in solving the mystery.<p>Ken<br>

Brian
03-14-2000, 01:32 PM
<i>: When I bought my '95 M3, it was already outfitted with CAI, Dinan chip and Tri-flo exhaust (the LOUD one). The intake tube snakes down behind the headlight and disappears, which makes me want to say it is a Dinan and not ECIS or similar model (no exposed filter + no heat shield). However, it does not say "Dinan" on it nor is it made of carbon fiber as far as I know. I suppose I could take a hammer to it to find out for sure, but it sure looks like plastic to me. Is this an earlier Dinan model? That would make sense since it has the Dinan chip. I should've gotten more specific info from the last owner but that was sort of glossed over, my mistake. Thanks for any help in solving the mystery.<p>: Ken<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index