Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JMRM3
05-25-2001, 04:26 PM
I was driving gfriend's 01 X5 today and got t-boned by a kid in a Cherokee. His fault -- he admitted and lots of witnesses. It was a good hit. The X will need both driver side doors (back door is well sprung), rear fender, running board, wheel, etc., etc., but it hit high enough that the frame will be OK. The reason I write is to tell you all how impressed I was with the X. The thing took a great hit but kept its integrety. Gfriend and I were barely shaken up and that is without any airbags blowing (although we were both belted). I love the performance side of BMWs like the rest. of you but, now I can truly appreciate the safety side too. Have a safe weekend and watch out for the man.

AZ///M3
05-25-2001, 04:35 PM
Safety is one of the reasons I purchased one.<p><i><br>I was driving gfriend's 01 X5 today and got t-boned by a kid in a Cherokee. His fault -- he admitted and lots of witnesses. It was a good hit. The X will need both driver side doors (back door is well sprung), rear fender, running board, wheel, etc., etc., but it hit high enough that the frame will be OK. The reason I write is to tell you all how impressed I was with the X. The thing took a great hit but kept its integrety. Gfriend and I were barely shaken up and that is without any airbags blowing (although we were both belted). I love the performance side of BMWs like the rest. of you but, now I can truly appreciate the safety side too. Have a safe weekend and watch out for the man. <p></i><br>

JMRM3
05-25-2001, 04:56 PM
<i><br>Safety is one of the reasons I purchased one.<p><br>I was driving gfriend's 01 X5 today and got t-boned by a kid in a Cherokee. His fault -- he admitted and lots of witnesses. It was a good hit. The X will need both driver side doors (back door is well sprung), rear fender, running board, wheel, etc., etc., but it hit high enough that the frame will be OK. The reason I write is to tell you all how impressed I was with the X. The thing took a great hit but kept its integrety. Gfriend and I were barely shaken up and that is without any airbags blowing (although we were both belted). I love the performance side of BMWs like the rest. of you but, now I can truly appreciate the safety side too. Have a safe weekend and watch out for the man. <p><br></i><br>

Naveen Rao (99M3/2)
05-25-2001, 04:57 PM
I got rear-ended in my 99 M3/2 at about 50 MPH while I was stopped. The guy who hit me was driving a a mustang. I came out with only a hyperextended calf muscle and a sore neck. The car had over $20000 damage to it (no, they wouldn't total it; it was only a year old at the time). I thank BMW for building such a safe car that can perform like this thing does!<p>Naveen<br><i><br>I was driving gfriend's 01 X5 today and got t-boned by a kid in a Cherokee. His fault -- he admitted and lots of witnesses. It was a good hit. The X will need both driver side doors (back door is well sprung), rear fender, running board, wheel, etc., etc., but it hit high enough that the frame will be OK. The reason I write is to tell you all how impressed I was with the X. The thing took a great hit but kept its integrety. Gfriend and I were barely shaken up and that is without any airbags blowing (although we were both belted). I love the performance side of BMWs like the rest. of you but, now I can truly appreciate the safety side too. Have a safe weekend and watch out for the man. <p></i><br>

Johnny 5
05-25-2001, 05:05 PM
<i><br>I was driving gfriend's 01 X5 today and got t-boned by a kid in a Cherokee. His fault -- he admitted and lots of witnesses. It was a good hit. The X will need both driver side doors (back door is well sprung), rear fender, running board, wheel, etc., etc., but it hit high enough that the frame will be OK. The reason I write is to tell you all how impressed I was with the X. The thing took a great hit but kept its integrety. Gfriend and I were barely shaken up and that is without any airbags blowing (although we were both belted). I love the performance side of BMWs like the rest. of you but, now I can truly appreciate the safety side too. Have a safe weekend and watch out for the man. <p></i><br>

Ken ///M3
05-25-2001, 05:57 PM
<i>There's really no frame on the X5. There are some really good body shops that can repair a uni-body car but it's very tricky.<p>Ken

Ken ///M3
05-25-2001, 06:40 PM
<i><br>There's really no frame on the X5. There are some really good body shops that can repair a uni-body car but it's very tricky.<p>Ken<p></i><br>

Vibe
05-26-2001, 03:01 AM
<i><p>There's really no frame on the X5. There are some really good body shops that can repair a uni-body car but it's very tricky.<p>Ken<p><br></i><br>

ken
05-27-2001, 08:59 PM
<i><br>and I were barely shaken up and that is without any airbags blowing<p><br>I'm puzzled as to why the side airbags did not fire.<br>Any digipics? :-)<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index