Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Hyperknight
08-11-2001, 12:42 PM
I want to replace my rear springs pads to the 10mm ones to raise the back a little as I have the bilstein/HR sport combo (i.e.: back looks lower than front).<p>What is the easiest way to do this? I just replaced my bushings in my JTD RSM's so I know how much of a pain in the *** it is to remove all the stuff in the back. Can I just lift the car and remove the bottom bolt on the shock absorber to drop the trailing arm low enough to remove the rear spring?<p>Any advise would be greatly appreciated.<p>TIA<p>hk.

Bob C.
08-11-2001, 02:38 PM
You can do just what you described. Removing the lower shock bolt will let you get the spring out and replace the spring pad.<p>Bob C.<p><i><br>I want to replace my rear springs pads to the 10mm ones to raise the back a little as I have the bilstein/HR sport combo (i.e.: back looks lower than front).<p>What is the easiest way to do this? I just replaced my bushings in my JTD RSM's so I know how much of a pain in the *** it is to remove all the stuff in the back. Can I just lift the car and remove the bottom bolt on the shock absorber to drop the trailing arm low enough to remove the rear spring?<p>Any advise would be greatly appreciated.<p>TIA<p>hk.<p></i><br>

Hyperknight
08-11-2001, 07:19 PM
<i><br>You can do just what you described. Removing the lower shock bolt will let you get the spring out and replace the spring pad.<p>Bob C.<p><br>I want to replace my rear springs pads to the 10mm ones to raise the back a little as I have the bilstein/HR sport combo (i.e.: back looks lower than front).<p>What is the easiest way to do this? I just replaced my bushings in my JTD RSM's so I know how much of a pain in the *** it is to remove all the stuff in the back. Can I just lift the car and remove the bottom bolt on the shock absorber to drop the trailing arm low enough to remove the rear spring?<p>Any advise would be greatly appreciated.<p>TIA<p>hk.<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index