Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ripmaster
08-27-2001, 09:50 AM
Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<br><a href=http://amcgremlinx.tripod.com/images/Bodywrk3.jpg>

cosmos-97
08-27-2001, 10:09 AM

Stanley Blackwell
08-27-2001, 10:26 AM
<i><br>Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<br><a href=http://amcgremlinx.tripod.com/images/Bodywrk3.jpg><p></i><br>

///Matthew
08-27-2001, 10:36 AM
<i><br>Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<br><a href=http://amcgremlinx.tripod.com/images/Bodywrk3.jpg><p></i><br>

Ripmaster
08-27-2001, 10:50 AM
<i><p>Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<br><a href=http://amcgremlinx.tripod.com/images/Bodywrk3.jpg><p><br></i><br>

Thomas
08-27-2001, 11:08 AM
Nice Kill Rip!<p>A guy I grew up with had a '74 Lime Green Gremlin with black racing stripes on it (hehehehe...racing stripes!) that had a totally worked 304ci V-8 in it. This thing would do wheelies from a stop light! I don't know why you would spend money on a Gremlin, but to each his own.<p>I ran some G-tech 0-60 runs this weekend and ran a 6.00, 5.92, & 5.88. I was at 5,120 feet in altitude, had a full tank of gas, a passenger, and the air temp was 84F. I figure under more ideal conditions the car might actually get close to the advertised 5.5 second mark.<p><p><i><br>Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<br><a href=http://amcgremlinx.tripod.com/images/Bodywrk3.jpg><p></i><br>

Ripmaster
08-27-2001, 11:39 AM
Especially since we lose an estimated 20% engine power here a whole mile above sea level...was that your G-tech by the way? I'd love to borrow it sometime :-)<br>We are still on for tomorrow as far as I can tell but my friend arrives today from Toronto. He has meetings planned for some nights...<p><p><i><br>Nice Kill Rip!<p>A guy I grew up with had a '74 Lime Green Gremlin with black racing stripes on it (hehehehe...racing stripes!) that had a totally worked 304ci V-8 in it. This thing would do wheelies from a stop light! I don't know why you would spend money on a Gremlin, but to each his own.<p>I ran some G-tech 0-60 runs this weekend and ran a 6.00, 5.92, & 5.88. I was at 5,120 feet in altitude, had a full tank of gas, a passenger, and the air temp was 84F. I figure under more ideal conditions the car might actually get close to the advertised 5.5 second mark.<p><p>Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<br><a href=http://amcgremlinx.tripod.com/images/Bodywrk3.jpg><p><br></i><br>

Thomas
08-27-2001, 11:53 AM
Yeah...it is my G-tech, feel free to borrow it whenever you want. I use it probably 1 hour a year! I was really happy with the numbers! The car is bone stock afterall, too.<p>Yeah...we are on for Tuesday, unless your buddy cancels us. Muldoons between 5:30 and 6:00?<p><i><br>Especially since we lose an estimated 20% engine power here a whole mile above sea level...was that your G-tech by the way? I'd love to borrow it sometime :-)<br>We are still on for tomorrow as far as I can tell but my friend arrives today from Toronto. He has meetings planned for some nights...<p><p>Nice Kill Rip!<p>A guy I grew up with had a '74 Lime Green Gremlin with black racing stripes on it (hehehehe...racing stripes!) that had a totally worked 304ci V-8 in it. This thing would do wheelies from a stop light! I don't know why you would spend money on a Gremlin, but to each his own.<p>I ran some G-tech 0-60 runs this weekend and ran a 6.00, 5.92, & 5.88. I was at 5,120 feet in altitude, had a full tank of gas, a passenger, and the air temp was 84F. I figure under more ideal conditions the car might actually get close to the advertised 5.5 second mark.<p><br>Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<p></i><br>

Ripmaster
08-27-2001, 11:59 AM
<i><br>Yeah...it is my G-tech, feel free to borrow it whenever you want. I use it probably 1 hour a year! I was really happy with the numbers! The car is bone stock afterall, too.<p>Yeah...we are on for Tuesday, unless your buddy cancels us. Muldoons between 5:30 and 6:00?<p><br>Especially since we lose an estimated 20% engine power here a whole mile above sea level...was that your G-tech by the way? I'd love to borrow it sometime :-)<br>We are still on for tomorrow as far as I can tell but my friend arrives today from Toronto. He has meetings planned for some nights...<p><br>Nice Kill Rip!<p>A guy I grew up with had a '74 Lime Green Gremlin with black racing stripes on it (hehehehe...racing stripes!) that had a totally worked 304ci V-8 in it. This thing would do wheelies from a stop light! I don't know why you would spend money on a Gremlin, but to each his own.<p>I ran some G-tech 0-60 runs this weekend and ran a 6.00, 5.92, & 5.88. I was at 5,120 feet in altitude, had a full tank of gas, a passenger, and the air temp was 84F. I figure under more ideal conditions the car might actually get close to the advertised 5.5 second mark.<p><br>Oh, it was close, I mean knock down and drag out, but I did it! I did all M3 owners proud. It actually didn't start out at a light, but rather cruising at about 40 m.p.h. He dropped the hammer, and I quickly responded by flooring the M3. It was close up to about 41 m.p.h., but then the M3 started pulling ahead! By about 42 .m.p.h., my car had gained significantly, and by 48 m.p.h., I had forgotten who I was racing. You can imagine my relief at winning that one! His skill was exceptional, but I guess the German engineering helped me out for victory. Ah, sweet winner's podium.....(with tongue in cheek, I wish everyone a happy Monday morning!)<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index