Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JA///MES
08-30-2001, 01:29 PM
while cruising thru connecticut yesterday, i saw a silver M3 with M roadster rims.. ive asked about doing that and was told they wouldnt fit... if this was you, please tell me what sieze they were and how ya did it... sweet car! the ghetto sound systems gotta go however<br> 95 DINAN M3

Drea///M3
08-30-2001, 01:44 PM
them, or stole them, and bolted them on, not caring about off set. Either they will ruin a nice set of tires or his bearings and other suspension parts will go. Handling is probably also compromised......

Texas M3/4
08-30-2001, 01:49 PM
rims......they WILL fit but ONLY the fronts. The offset is wrong in the rear. You would need 2 sets of fronts. If they didn't fit it would be pretty obvious as they would be sticking out of the rear fender wells. <p><i><br>them, or stole them, and bolted them on, not caring about off set. Either they will ruin a nice set of tires or his bearings and other suspension parts will go. Handling is probably also compromised......<p></i><br>

///Matthew
08-30-2001, 01:59 PM
and how will it ruin a cars suspension??<br>

Drea///M3
08-30-2001, 02:04 PM
but can't explain very well. It has to do with the weight distribution of the car on the wheel/wheel hub/bearing....Can NE1 explain?

M3Luxo
08-30-2001, 02:16 PM
<i><br>while cruising thru connecticut yesterday, i saw a silver M3 with M roadster rims.. ive asked about doing that and was told they wouldnt fit... if this was you, please tell me what sieze they were and how ya did it... sweet car! the ghetto sound systems gotta go however<br> 95 DINAN M3<p></i><br>

///Matthew
08-30-2001, 02:19 PM
I always here people saying you can't use the Z3 rims, but people have anyone of hundreds of performance rims (bbs, volk, acs, momo) manufactured by god knows who in their basement. How can one hurt the car but the others don't?

Harvey
08-30-2001, 02:41 PM
Front M roadster rims ( 17X7.5's w/ 38mm offset ) will fit fine on M3 all around ( same as stock rims on 95's). The rears off M roadster are way off in offset & don't fit. I've seen several M3's w/ the fronts on all 4 corners.

JA///MES
08-30-2001, 05:16 PM
dont get me wrong.. i have 2 10's.... but this guy was cruising thru a quiet suburban connecticut town with bad, boomy, distorted bass like he was in south beach... it was overkill, and definately ricey! other than that, nice ride

M3-ed
08-30-2001, 10:19 PM
<i><br>dont get me wrong.. i have 2 10's.... but this guy was cruising thru a quiet suburban connecticut town with bad, boomy, distorted bass like he was in south beach... it was overkill, and definately ricey! other than that, nice ride<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index