Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

///M328is
01-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Did any of you notice any increase in performance or is it primarily sound?

DiMora
01-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Just remove the box and the baffle pulls out. Visually inspect it and you will see how it snaps in.......i used a screwdriver to pry out the plastic tab that holds it in place. It makes it slightly louder/throatier, and gives a teeny, tiny, gain in performance if you look at dyno charts.<p><br><i><br>Did any of you notice any increase in performance or is it primarily sound?<p></i><br>

///M328is
01-06-2002, 12:50 PM
unbearable? I like a throatier sound but don't want to take away from how refined the car is. I did a similar mod to my old civic and I could only hear the intake on WOT. If that is the case with this mod, I think I'll do it.<p>Thanks again.<br>

DiMora
01-06-2002, 08:12 PM
It is only slightly noticable, and even then only at WOT. At idle and low throttle openings, it is tame. It is an easy mod; I'd do it if I were you. I put a K&N filter and a euro snorkel on mine while I was in there.....it has a little more oomph at highway speeds, but as in all M3 mods except forced induction, it is barely noticable.<p><i><br>unbearable? I like a throatier sound but don't want to take away from how refined the car is. I did a similar mod to my old civic and I could only hear the intake on WOT. If that is the case with this mod, I think I'll do it.<p>Thanks again.<p></i><br>

XCV ///MMM-Luxo
01-07-2002, 03:49 AM
no real difference in sound. then again, i have the UUC exhaust system so it's kinda hard to tell any difference.<p>AA claims 4hp

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index