Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Steve M
03-11-2002, 01:08 PM
All,<p>I keep getting the 1brake light out fault code on my 95 M3<p>I remember reading the archives and it mentioned that there was a cheap fix for this, just changing the actual fuse, located in the driver side dash? any ideas?<p><br>Thanks,<p>Steve

Freddie
03-11-2002, 01:18 PM
my '95 had the same problem, and after replacing all bulbs, the pedal switch and fuses, it turned out that the bulb housing had corroded slightly, causing an intermittent short. Remove all brake light bulbs and inspect the metal contact tabs for damage--I simply bent the affected ones in slightly, and it's worked perfectly for more than six months.<p><i><br>All,<p>I keep getting the 1brake light out fault code on my 95 M3<p>I remember reading the archives and it mentioned that there was a cheap fix for this, just changing the actual fuse, located in the driver side dash? any ideas?<p><br>Thanks,<p>Steve<p></i><br>

Steve M
03-11-2002, 02:17 PM
<i><br>my '95 had the same problem, and after replacing all bulbs, the pedal switch and fuses, it turned out that the bulb housing had corroded slightly, causing an intermittent short. Remove all brake light bulbs and inspect the metal contact tabs for damage--I simply bent the affected ones in slightly, and it's worked perfectly for more than six months.<p><br>All,<p>I keep getting the 1brake light out fault code on my 95 M3<p>I remember reading the archives and it mentioned that there was a cheap fix for this, just changing the actual fuse, located in the driver side dash? any ideas?<p><br>Thanks,<p>Steve<p><br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index