Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tom
02-17-1999, 03:09 PM
Did someone tested this unique car - or even bought it ??<br>I'll perhaps buy one in next years, but i'm very interested in your advices and experiences..<p>Some crunchy details about this new car ? :)

Chraun
02-18-1999, 05:25 PM
<i>: Did someone tested this unique car - or even bought it ??<br>: I'll perhaps buy one in next years, but i'm very interested in your advices and experiences..<p>: Some crunchy details about this new car ? :)<p></i><br>I have tested it in speeds above 200km/h. It is extremely stable and responsive and as quiet as a 540. You will not have driven a sedan as good as this one. If you have driven an E50 and I guess E55 you will notice at high speeds a difference in noise level, more pronounced in E50 and I guess E55. E50 does not feel as solid or rock stable as M5. Considering the engine and the suspension it is the most technologically advanced sedan right now. The feel of quality is like that Mercedes once had. The sound of the engine differs from 540 it has a higher pitch than 540. the steering is more distinct than 540 and the brakes as good as expected. I have ordered one but only after test driving it.<br>Chraun

Tom
02-18-1999, 06:15 PM
Really sorry, but i don't remember all the projects codes... thank you for more information.<p>Is the M5 more noisy than 540 in high speeds - what does mean higher pitch? (like the M3 vs. E36-E46)<br>Did you chose to take some options ?<br>What was your total price ? (i think you don't have any VAT in US, right ??)<p>What are delivery delays ??<p>Thanks !!!<p><br>

Bruce
02-18-1999, 07:05 PM
confusing yes...the E50 and E55 are Mercedes cars, not BMWs and the E55 is the primary competitior for the M5<p>Bruce

Chraun
02-18-1999, 07:26 PM
<i>: Really sorry, but i don't remember all the projects codes... thank you for more information.<p>: Is the M5 more noisy than 540 in high speeds - what does mean higher pitch? (like the M3 vs. E36-E46)<br>: Did you chose to take some options ?<br>: What was your total price ? (i think you don't have any VAT in US, right ??)<p>: What are delivery delays ??<p>: Thanks !!!<p><br></i><br>Sorry for not being crystal clear. The M5 and 540 are equaly quiet. Yes higher pitch is approximately what I mean when you refere to M3 vs. 3-series 328. I ordered my car in Sweden and price is approximately US $ 88k including vat and including navigation, TV, park distance control, tyre pressure meter glass roof. Carbon black color with silverstone seats. Delivery will be end of May. E50 E55 are Mercedes cars, competitors to M5<br>You must try it!!<p>Chraun

Tom
02-19-1999, 07:56 AM
For me BMW is so much better than Mercedes that i've completely forgotten to compare BMW with Mercedes ! (perhaps with Audi, but not mercedes !!; look at these ugly dash boards!!)<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index