Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Auctioning #1 Spot on M5 waiting list

John S.
03-03-1999, 01:01 AM
I will soon be auctioning the #1 spot on a Chicago-area dealership's M5 waiting list. The auction will take place on Ebay.com<p>Intial bid will be $5000 (my cost).<p>I am posting this to see what interest this holds to you M5 lovers. Post your email, and I can send you more details.<p>-John S.

motor mouth
03-03-1999, 02:24 AM
<i><br>Anyone stupid enough to pay John over sticker deserves John. You can get the things with a little patience. What are you going to do, be the first to drive one in the winter.<p></i>

ME
03-03-1999, 12:09 PM
This is really dumb.

Craig
03-03-1999, 02:47 PM
<i>: <br>: Anyone stupid enough to pay John over sticker deserves John. You can get the things with a little patience. What are you going to do, be the first to drive one in the winter.<p></i>That is a dumb idea. If you don't want the<br>car why did you put your money down? Good luck<br>on selling your spot when the dealer knows what<br>your doing I hope he throws you off of your place<br>in line. I am #3 at my dealer and don't mind waiting. I think anyone that will pay you extra<br>should see a shrink.

Wait-list #7
03-03-1999, 06:44 PM
<i>: : <br>: : Anyone stupid enough to pay John over sticker deserves John. You can get the things with a little patience. What are you going to do, be the first to drive one in the winter.<p>: That is a dumb idea. If you don't want the<br>: car why did you put your money down? Good luck<br>: on selling your spot when the dealer knows what<br>: your doing I hope he throws you off of your place<br>: in line. I am #3 at my dealer and don't mind waiting. I think anyone that will pay you extra<br>: should see a shrink.<p><br>Maybe he works at the dealer... If I were a salesman I'd do that. :)<br></i>

///Curt
03-03-1999, 09:07 PM
If you are one of those wonderful "Speculators" who attempts to suck up the first models available just to make a profit I wish you nothing but the worst! It is really irritating that individuals with no desire to own the car drive up the price or prolong the unavailability of a car for people who want to enjoy the car.<p>If you have had an unfortunate turn of events and can no longer handle the purchase I would suggest you provide more detail on why you are wanting to sell your position - you might then get a better response from this group. Are you asking $5000 profit or was the $5000 what you had put down to reserve the car?

John S.
03-03-1999, 09:29 PM
I see that the response to my auction has been very negative so far. Perhaps it would help if I cleared up some things.<p>1.) My reason for doing this is that the dealership refuses to refund my deposit of $5000 for a M5.<p>2.) I have already informed the dealership of my intentions and they have promised to honor the spot on the waiting list.<p>3.) I have choosen to use Ebay because I thought that it would be a great way for a future M5 owner to get his baby a few months earlier than he expected. Also, the idea that I might come out a few bucks ahead is very nice, although that is not my main concern. I am simply trying to recover my cost($5000).<p>Now, if you are intrested in this please post your email, and I will send you details on the timing of the auction.<p>Thank You<p>John S.

Sean
03-04-1999, 05:40 PM
I also have a number one spot on the allocation list @ my dealer - however you should inform your dealer that under BMW NA's rules - all deposits are fully refundable on pre-production status vehicles. Since no M5's have been produced for the US at this time - the dealer hasn't any right to keep your $5000 deposit. I'd suggest contacting BMW NA - and if you can get a hold of Mr. Vic Doolan, do so.<br>good luck<br>Sean

Viken B
03-04-1999, 07:45 PM
<i>: I see that the response to my auction has been very negative so far. Perhaps it would help if I cleared up some things.<p>: 1.) My reason for doing this is that the dealership refuses to refund my deposit of $5000 for a M5.<p>: 2.) I have already informed the dealership of my intentions and they have promised to honor the spot on the waiting list.<p>: 3.) I have choosen to use Ebay because I thought that it would be a great way for a future M5 owner to get his baby a few months earlier than he expected. Also, the idea that I might come out a few bucks ahead is very nice, although that is not my main concern. I am simply trying to recover my cost($5000).<p>: Now, if you are intrested in this please post your email, and I will send you details on the timing of the auction.<p>: Thank You<p>: John S.<p></i>That the dealer is refusing to refund your deposit. He knows that he can turn around and get somebody else's deposit in a blink of an eye. Besides, isn't it against the law to keep somebody's deposit in Illinois? In California, it is.

Craig
03-04-1999, 09:01 PM
<i>: : I see that the response to my auction has been very negative so far. Perhaps it would help if I cleared up some things.<p>: : 1.) My reason for doing this is that the dealership refuses to refund my deposit of $5000 for a M5.<p>: : 2.) I have already informed the dealership of my intentions and they have promised to honor the spot on the waiting list.<p>: : 3.) I have choosen to use Ebay because I thought that it would be a great way for a future M5 owner to get his baby a few months earlier than he expected. Also, the idea that I might come out a few bucks ahead is very nice, although that is not my main concern. I am simply trying to recover my cost($5000).<p>: : Now, if you are intrested in this please post your email, and I will send you details on the timing of the auction.<p>: : Thank You<p>: : John S.<p>: That the dealer is refusing to refund your deposit. He knows that he can turn around and get somebody else's deposit in a blink of an eye. Besides, isn't it against the law to keep somebody's deposit in Illinois? In California, it is.<p></i>I thinking the same thing. Where I have my car<br>ordered they already had one person back out and<br>that just moved me up on the list from 4th. to <br>3rd. I can't see a dealer holding their money<br>when so many people would take his place. All<br>he would have to do is call BMW and complain<br>and I am sure the dealer would return his money<br>and besides it's not like he speced out the car<br>yet. You can't spec out the car until May is what<br>I have heard. Craig

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index