Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Just confirmed: M5 will have NAV standard (nt)

Mr. V
04-05-1999, 06:43 PM
www.mhaven.com

DH
04-05-1999, 08:50 PM
<i>: www.mhaven.com<p></i>

///MJ
04-05-1999, 10:11 PM
I don't see how BMW will include a 2k nav system with what we all agree is a surprisingly reasonable base price on the E39 M5.<p>MJ-98 540i 6speed<br>///M5, #1 spot awaiting June ordering<p>

Mr. V
04-06-1999, 02:03 AM
I'll let you in on some info, not because I feel I need to defend myself in anyway, but I'd like to think I'm an active contributor to this community. <p>A colleague of mine has developed close ties with some members of BMWNA, we'll leave it at that. He was recently handed a written brochure for the US spec M5 (the only official one out now for the US uses the Euro car). In any case, in this brochure it clearly states that the NAV system will be a standard feature. Keep in mind that the official option list does NOT have the NAV, and since EVERY M5 I've seen has a NAV system, the conclusion is that it's standard, not an option- the brochure confirms that. Why include it? Simple marketing: create a flagship M machine and equip it with attractive ameneties. It doesn't cost BMW $2000 to include this- trust me, they're still making a hefty profit on the car. This is one reason why, as of now, they refuse to offer Euro delivery on the M5- it takes away from their margin. They knew in order to compete with the E55, etc., they needed to make the price and features very competitive.<p>Finally, whether you know or not, they are building a Performance Center in Spartanburg. BMW will be offering a two-day driving experience for the M5 that I'm working on getting signed up for (please don't ask for details; I will let you know as soon as I hear anything). Eventually, to make up for no Euro delivery, they're supposed to offer vehicle pick up at the Spartanburg Performance Center(yey). <p>Hope this helps- I'll keep you posted.<p>Regards,<p>Mr. Vanos<br>www.mhaven.com

DH
04-06-1999, 10:21 AM
<i>: I'll let you in on some info, not because I feel I need to defend myself in anyway, but I'd like to think I'm an active contributor to this community. <p>: A colleague of mine has developed close ties with some members of BMWNA, we'll leave it at that. He was recently handed a written brochure for the US spec M5 (the only official one out now for the US uses the Euro car). In any case, in this brochure it clearly states that the NAV system will be a standard feature. Keep in mind that the official option list does NOT have the NAV, and since EVERY M5 I've seen has a NAV system, the conclusion is that it's standard, not an option- the brochure confirms that. Why include it? Simple marketing: create a flagship M machine and equip it with attractive ameneties. It doesn't cost BMW $2000 to include this- trust me, they're still making a hefty profit on the car. This is one reason why, as of now, they refuse to offer Euro delivery on the M5- it takes away from their margin. They knew in order to compete with the E55, etc., they needed to make the price and features very competitive.<p>: Finally, whether you know or not, they are building a Performance Center in Spartanburg. BMW will be offering a two-day driving experience for the M5 that I'm working on getting signed up for (please don't ask for details; I will let you know as soon as I hear anything). Eventually, to make up for no Euro delivery, they're supposed to offer vehicle pick up at the Spartanburg Performance Center(yey). <p>: Hope this helps- I'll keep you posted.<p>: Regards,<p>: Mr. Vanos<br>: www.mhaven.com<p></i>

Jack in LA
04-06-1999, 12:00 PM
<i>: I'll let you in on some info, not because I feel I need to defend myself in anyway, but I'd like to think I'm an active contributor to this community. <p>: A colleague of mine has developed close ties with some members of BMWNA, we'll leave it at that. He was recently handed a written brochure for the US spec M5 (the only official one out now for the US uses the Euro car). In any case, in this brochure it clearly states that the NAV system will be a standard feature. Keep in mind that the official option list does NOT have the NAV, and since EVERY M5 I've seen has a NAV system, the conclusion is that it's standard, not an option- the brochure confirms that. Why include it? Simple marketing: create a flagship M machine and equip it with attractive ameneties. It doesn't cost BMW $2000 to include this- trust me, they're still making a hefty profit on the car. This is one reason why, as of now, they refuse to offer Euro delivery on the M5- it takes away from their margin. They knew in order to compete with the E55, etc., they needed to make the price and features very competitive.<p>: Finally, whether you know or not, they are building a Performance Center in Spartanburg. BMW will be offering a two-day driving experience for the M5 that I'm working on getting signed up for (please don't ask for details; I will let you know as soon as I hear anything). Eventually, to make up for no Euro delivery, they're supposed to offer vehicle pick up at the Spartanburg Performance Center(yey). <p>: Hope this helps- I'll keep you posted.<p>: Regards,<p>: Mr. Vanos<br>: www.mhaven.com<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index