Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : BMW M5 E39 will not have NAV standard

News
04-07-1999, 09:24 AM
The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV.

Bruce
04-07-1999, 09:33 AM
<i>: The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV. </i><p>that is a Euro model you can't base what the US will get on that car

News
04-07-1999, 09:42 AM
<i>: : The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV. <p>: that is a Euro model you can't base what the US will get on that car<br></i><br>USA isn't the whole world. Maybe there are some people from Europe who read this? Maybe the USA will get the NAV standard, but Europe almost 100% won't. I don't know why USA should get it standard. Some previous M models (U.S. versions) had less powerful engines, so why should the U.S. M5 be any better than the Euro? BTW, my message didn't say that's true for U.S. M5. There haven't been any M5s delivered in U.S. so how would I be able to talk about the U.S. version.

GA
04-07-1999, 10:28 AM
<i> I don't know why USA should get it standard. Some previous M models (U.S. versions) had less powerful engines, so why should the U.S. M5 be any better than the Euro?<br></i><p>I don't think it's a case of the U.S. model being any "better" than the Euro, but it wouldn't surprise me if NAV was standard in U.S. Americans love gadgets. Just look at all the damn cupholders over here. (BTW, I am an American.)

Bruce
04-07-1999, 11:43 AM
<i>: USA isn't the whole world. Maybe there are some people from Europe who read this? </i><p>exactly that is what I am saying...the posts made lower about the NAV system being standard I KNOW are made by people who would get US cars (btw- i do know you are from Europe)<p><i>Maybe the USA will get the NAV standard, but Europe almost 100% won't.</i><p>we know already that Europe does not<p><i>I don't know why USA should get it standard.</i><p>see other post about Americans liking gadgets, i agree<p><i>Some previous M models (U.S. versions) had less powerful engines, so why should the U.S. </i><p>rub it in why don't you<p><i>M5 be any better than the Euro? </i><p>who said "better"? <p><i>BTW, my message didn't say that's true for U.S. M5. There haven't been any M5s delivered in U.S. so how would I be able to talk about the U.S. version.</i><p>we already know that the Euro spec M5s don't have the NAV sysatem standard, the question is about US spec cars...i don't think the NAV system will be standard in the US either<p>

Mr. V
04-07-1999, 03:22 PM
<i>: The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV. <p></i>

PhilipB
04-07-1999, 07:04 PM
Doesn't this require a CD for mapping? If so, then does this imply that the CD changer is included?<p><i>: : The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV. <p></i>

Mr. V
04-07-1999, 07:22 PM
<i>: Doesn't this require a CD for mapping? If so, then does this imply that the CD changer is included?<p>: : : The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV. <p></i>

RC
04-08-1999, 10:27 AM
has been forced to consume!

Dave N.
04-09-1999, 08:43 AM
<i>: The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV. <p></i><br>I believe the M5 brochure I got at the BMW display at the NY auto show says that NAV will be standard. I will have to check to make sure.<br>

Mr. V
04-09-1999, 05:06 PM
<i>: The new M5 almost certanly doesn't come with standard NAV. If you don't believe me, take a look at the new photos on the bmwm5.com . The blue M5 featured there is without the NAV. <p></i>

JRC
04-19-1999, 11:34 PM
<i>: I don't know why USA should get it standard. Some previous M models (U.S. versions) had less powerful engines, so why should the U.S. M5 be any better than the Euro?<p>: I don't think it's a case of the U.S. model being any "better" than the Euro, but it wouldn't surprise me if NAV was standard in U.S. Americans love gadgets. Just look at all the damn cupholders over here. (BTW, I am an American.)<p></i><br>It's my understanding that BMW NA often makes decisions about US option offerings based on their view of what will make a competitive offering in this country, given competing companies offerings. These decisions dictate what is standard etc. Often a consideration may be that it is more cost effective to have only certain variations from an inventory and support perspective. I think some of this was borrowed from the Japanese importing strategy--the idea of a fully configured "Standard" car makes some feel that they are getting a good deal.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index