Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rob B.
02-28-2000, 05:54 PM
I have heard a lot of debate about whether or not you can fit 255/40s on the factory 8.5" wheels. My car is stock height and I do not plan on lowering it. What is your opinion on this. I would run Michelin Pilots. I know people that have run 255/35/18 but I want to stick to the factory wheels. Thanks in advance.<p>Rob

//AAndy
02-28-2000, 07:42 PM
My car came used from the dealer with 235/40-17s in front and 255/40-17s in back, michelin MXX3s, on the standard 20-spoke Motorsport wheels. After autocrossing, driving a few 400 mile days, and taking the M3 up to unrecommended speeds, I'm convinced this is the way to go for this car. My suspension is unmodified as well.<p>Alpina sells a 9" wheel that's supposed to fit perfectly without modifying the car that's supposed to use a 265/35-17 on the back...<p>Tire Rack: Can you guys get ahold of a tire in that size? I haven't seen one on your web site.<p>Andy -- '97 M3<p>PS. Great idea for the new forum! I've had good service from the Tire Rack in the past, and I'm glad as a company they can see the benefit of catering a little extra to a bunch of car nuts. Thanks!<p>AJC<p><br><i>: I have heard a lot of debate about whether or not you can fit 255/40s on the factory 8.5" wheels. My car is stock height and I do not plan on lowering it. What is your opinion on this. I would run Michelin Pilots. I know people that have run 255/35/18 but I want to stick to the factory wheels. Thanks in advance.<p>: Rob <p></i>

Rob B.
02-28-2000, 08:51 PM
<i>: My car came used from the dealer with 235/40-17s in front and 255/40-17s in back, michelin MXX3s, on the standard 20-spoke Motorsport wheels. After autocrossing, driving a few 400 mile days, and taking the M3 up to unrecommended speeds, I'm convinced this is the way to go for this car. My suspension is unmodified as well.<p>: Alpina sells a 9" wheel that's supposed to fit perfectly without modifying the car that's supposed to use a 265/35-17 on the back...<p>: Tire Rack: Can you guys get ahold of a tire in that size? I haven't seen one on your web site.<p>: Andy -- '97 M3<p>: PS. Great idea for the new forum! I've had good service from the Tire Rack in the past, and I'm glad as a company they can see the benefit of catering a little extra to a bunch of car nuts. Thanks!<p>: AJC<p>: <br>: : I have heard a lot of debate about whether or not you can fit 255/40s on the factory 8.5" wheels. My car is stock height and I do not plan on lowering it. What is your opinion on this. I would run Michelin Pilots. I know people that have run 255/35/18 but I want to stick to the factory wheels. Thanks in advance.<p>: : Rob <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index