Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

bo rose
03-17-2000, 04:00 PM
I ordered these wheels from the tire rack. they were not properly balanced when I got them. the car has had shimmy since i put the wheels on. no one can get these wheels to balance properly. they have never given me a smooth ride. replaced suspension and bushings and still ge shimmy between 50 and 65 mph. how are these wheels suppose to be balanced? Where are the weights suppose to go? the dealer put them on the inside and outside. it looks tacky. please help!!!<p>Thanks for all advice.

Jim
03-18-2000, 10:14 AM
<i>: I ordered these wheels from the tire rack. they were not properly balanced when I got them. the car has had shimmy since i put the wheels on. no one can get these wheels to balance properly. they have never given me a smooth ride. replaced suspension and bushings and still ge shimmy between 50 and 65 mph. how are these wheels suppose to be balanced? Where are the weights suppose to go? the dealer put them on the inside and outside. it looks tacky. please help!!!<p>: Thanks for all advice.<p></i> You need to call and speak to your salesman and get an installer in your area. If that won't work we can bring the wheels back and check them here. Give us a call and we will take care of th e problem for you. 800-428-8355

m
03-23-2000, 11:22 AM
have you tried having the tires shaved (trued) and balanced on the car? that usually fixes most wheel shimmys i have encountered. good luck

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index