Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : a question about the tirerack website (m)

richK
03-22-2000, 12:23 PM
I found my tires on your website.. I am very impressed with all the research and statistics you guys provide via your site.. However, I could not find the feature I was looking for. I was wondering how long my tires usually last in terms of mileage. I know a lot has to depend on how I drive, but is there information showing average mileage before the tire needs to be replaced?<p>have the pirelli p7000 supersport and think its about time to change the tires.. I want to make sure though. I noticed you guys rate the tread wear as 7.1, but that has no meaning to me. am I not looking in the right place? <p>Thanks<br>richK

Jim
03-22-2000, 04:06 PM
<Rich, there really is not any average tread life on those tires. It all depends on the car, driver and the roads driven on. I would say you would probably be around 30 to 40K. Most people will change their tires when they reach 3/32's of an inch tread depth. If I can help let me know. Jim ext 364

03-22-2000, 06:15 PM
You answered your own question, as with that type of UHP tire, there is no mileage guarantee on them, since the tires can be used in too wide of an application.<p>The UTQG # you see is for a rough comparison, but does not equate to any mileage either. As for the survey resulats, the higher the customer rating the longer you may see.<p>This is where a call to me will prove helpful, since we are most familiar with the wear & a tire's history I can usually provide you with a rough idea of what to expect given the data we have on the tire & what we typically see.<p>In short, if you have any questions, just call!<p>Hope this helps!<p><b> Eddie<br>800.428.8355, ext 369</b><p><i>: I found my tires on your website.. I am very impressed with all the research and statistics you guys provide via your site.. However, I could not find the feature I was looking for. I was wondering how long my tires usually last in terms of mileage. I know a lot has to depend on how I drive, but is there information showing average mileage before the tire needs to be replaced?<p>: have the pirelli p7000 supersport and think its about time to change the tires.. I want to make sure though. I noticed you guys rate the tread wear as 7.1, but that has no meaning to me. am I not looking in the right place? <p>: Thanks<br>: richK<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index