Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bob
03-18-1998, 05:24 PM
Has anyone used/installed the trailerhitch bike rack?<p>I'm wondering how hard it is to install and how well it works.<p>Thanks

BillJ
03-18-1998, 10:55 PM
I have if it is the one I think it is. I think it is the unit manu. by DaLan, has a removable vertical drawbar that makes the hitch hidden when the drawbar is removed. Install is not difficult, but does take some skills. Have to drill 2 holes in frame, after loosening rear swaybar to gain access to the area. Perhaps the hardest part is the refitting of the rear bumper, it is secured by 2 clips (plastic) on each upper side. These can be a bitch if by don't take the time to figure it out. You might want to visit your dealer and look at his parts fiche on the bumper to get a handle on how it is attached. BUT - it works great once installed.<br>: Has anyone used/installed the trailerhitch bike rack?<p>: I'm wondering how hard it is to install and how well it works.<p>: Thanks<p>

Bill Spencer
03-18-1998, 11:18 PM
<i>: Has anyone used/installed the trailerhitch bike rack?<br></i><p>The HMS hitch is probably the same as the one made by LeDan, and I have a copy of the 2-page installation instructions that LeDan faxed me. If you want, I can fax them to you to get an idea of how to install it.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index