Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

peter
03-19-1998, 08:21 AM
Well after ordering my hardtop from quality in november, Quality called today and said it's finally in. Now on to my dealer to have it installed and have the roll hoops retroactivly installed also. My question is, does anyone know of a cart to store the top when and if summer finally comes to New England.

Matt F.
03-19-1998, 08:55 AM
I have seen an M Roadster at a dealer here in Germany with a Weissmann hardtop. It looked like the rollbars had to be removed for the hardtop to fit. Have you dealer dry fit the hardtop to a rollbar equiped Z3 before mounting your rollbars completly. This might not be a problem with the BMW hardtop but ask the dealer anyway.<p>Matt F. (Z-Less till Friday)

walter
03-19-1998, 09:09 AM
BMW does make a hardtop rolling rack for the 3 series, which "allegedly" will carry the Z3 hardtop (I have one - the hardtop). BUT when I almost bought one with the top, the dealer told me I should wait a few weeks for the Z3 top specific rolling rack.... but I'm still waiting....<p><i>: Well after ordering my hardtop from quality in november, Quality called today and said it's finally in. Now on to my dealer to have it installed and have the roll hoops retroactivly installed also. My question is, does anyone know of a cart to store the top when and if summer finally comes to New England.<p></i>

walter
03-19-1998, 09:10 AM
<i>: I have seen an M Roadster at a dealer here in Germany with a Weissmann hardtop. It looked like the rollbars had to be removed for the hardtop to fit. Have you dealer dry fit the hardtop to a rollbar equiped Z3 before mounting your rollbars completly. This might not be a problem with the BMW hardtop but ask the dealer anyway.<p>: Matt F. (Z-Less till Friday)<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index