Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rich Wheeler
03-20-1998, 10:28 PM
Hi all,<p>I just got the hardtop installed on my Z3. Seems that the Dark Green was hard to match color wise, so there was some delay in manufacture. My dealer finally told me June. But it seems they got it right ahead of schedule, and I got a call from my dealer the other day, who said they got one it (It was probably my orginal order, which I had cancelled when I heard about the June Delivery). Anyway, they set up the installation with one days notice, which I thought was pretty cool.<p>The top looks great and is a perfect match. The service manager gave me a complete rundown on installation/removal plus talked about their installation process in great detail, including leak testing (apparently they have this spray rig in the back that pressure tests windows, tops and the like)and squeak removal (seems they drove the car and adjusted, drove some more and so on and installed some additional rubber tubing in strategic locations).<br> In addition to the actual top, you get a removal/installation tool and a storage cover for the top (really big and 1st quality, actually). When they installed the top, they used the window cover, but not mine (which was in the trunk the whole time), so now I have two.<br> After some comments on the board, I was expecting at least some squeaks or rattles, but I am happy to say that there aren't any at all. A real top notch installation. Heishman's service department has one of the best reputations, and it is well deserved. I recommend them highly (heck, I even got another BMW cap gratis). They honor the CCA discount at %15 for parts AND labor. Saved me a pile'o'cash.<p>BTW, for any hardtop owners out there already: Do you have the softtop boot in place under the hardtop, or do leave it off? Mine is off right now, but I thought I might put it on when I install my window pillow.<p>best,<br>Rich Wheeler<br>98 2.8l Dark Green/Beige/Beige heated sport seats & HT<br>

Ray
03-21-1998, 11:11 AM
<i>: Hi all,<p>: I just got the hardtop installed on my Z3. Seems that the Dark Green was hard to match color wise, so there was some delay in manufacture. My dealer finally told me June. But it seems they got it right ahead of schedule, and I got a call from my dealer the other day, who said they got one it (It was probably my orginal order, which I had cancelled when I heard about the June Delivery). Anyway, they set up the installation with one days notice, which I thought was pretty cool.<p>: The top looks great and is a perfect match. The service manager gave me a complete rundown on installation/removal plus talked about their installation process in great detail, including leak testing (apparently they have this spray rig in the back that pressure tests windows, tops and the like)and squeak removal (seems they drove the car and adjusted, drove some more and so on and installed some additional rubber tubing in strategic locations).<br>: In addition to the actual top, you get a removal/installation tool and a storage cover for the top (really big and 1st quality, actually). When they installed the top, they used the window cover, but not mine (which was in the trunk the whole time), so now I have two.<br>: After some comments on the board, I was expecting at least some squeaks or rattles, but I am happy to say that there aren't any at all. A real top notch installation. Heishman's service department has one of the best reputations, and it is well deserved. I recommend them highly (heck, I even got another BMW cap gratis). They honor the CCA discount at %15 for parts AND labor. Saved me a pile'o'cash.<p>: BTW, for any hardtop owners out there already: Do you have the softtop boot in place under the hardtop, or do leave it off? Mine is off right now, but I thought I might put it on when I install my window pillow.<p>: best,<br>: Rich Wheeler<br>: 98 2.8l Dark Green/Beige/Beige heated sport seats & HT<p></i>What did that end up costin ya Rich???

Bill Willmon
03-22-1998, 10:23 AM
My hardtop came to me a couple of weeks ago. My dealer is going to install it on Tuesday. The service manager said they had installed several and it was simple, less than one hour labor required. Also it was not necessary to bring the Hardtop to the dealership. I could just put it on when I got home.<p><br>: : Hi all,<p>: : I just got the hardtop installed on my Z3. Seems that the Dark Green was hard to match color wise, so there was some delay in manufacture. My dealer finally told me June. But it seems they got it right ahead of schedule, and I got a call from my dealer the other day, who said they got one it (It was probably my orginal order, which I had cancelled when I heard about the June Delivery). Anyway, they set up the installation with one days notice, which I thought was pretty cool.<p>: : The top looks great and is a perfect match. The service manager gave me a complete rundown on installation/removal plus talked about their installation process in great detail, including leak testing (apparently they have this spray rig in the back that pressure tests windows, tops and the like)and squeak removal (seems they drove the car and adjusted, drove some more and so on and installed some additional rubber tubing in strategic locations).<br>: : In addition to the actual top, you get a removal/installation tool and a storage cover for the top (really big and 1st quality, actually). When they installed the top, they used the window cover, but not mine (which was in the trunk the whole time), so now I have two.<br>: : After some comments on the board, I was expecting at least some squeaks or rattles, but I am happy to say that there aren't any at all. A real top notch installation. Heishman's service department has one of the best reputations, and it is well deserved. I recommend them highly (heck, I even got another BMW cap gratis). They honor the CCA discount at %15 for parts AND labor. Saved me a pile'o'cash.<p>: : BTW, for any hardtop owners out there already: Do you have the softtop boot in place under the hardtop, or do leave it off? Mine is off right now, but I thought I might put it on when I install my window pillow.<p>: : best,<br>: : Rich Wheeler<br>: : 98 2.8l Dark Green/Beige/Beige heated sport seats & HT<p>: What did that end up costin ya Rich???<p>

jenny
03-23-1998, 03:05 PM
<i>: Hi all,<p>: I just got the hardtop installed on my Z3. Seems that the Dark Green was hard to match color wise, so there was some delay in manufacture. My dealer finally told me June. But it seems they got it right ahead of schedule, and I got a call from my dealer the other day, who said they got one it (It was probably my orginal order, which I had cancelled when I heard about the June Delivery). Anyway, they set up the installation with one days notice, which I thought was pretty cool.<p>: The top looks great and is a perfect match. The service manager gave me a complete rundown on installation/removal plus talked about their installation process in great detail, including leak testing (apparently they have this spray rig in the back that pressure tests windows, tops and the like)and squeak removal (seems they drove the car and adjusted, drove some more and so on and installed some additional rubber tubing in strategic locations).<br>: In addition to the actual top, you get a removal/installation tool and a storage cover for the top (really big and 1st quality, actually). When they installed the top, they used the window cover, but not mine (which was in the trunk the whole time), so now I have two.<br>: After some comments on the board, I was expecting at least some squeaks or rattles, but I am happy to say that there aren't any at all. A real top notch installation. Heishman's service department has one of the best reputations, and it is well deserved. I recommend them highly (heck, I even got another BMW cap gratis). They honor the CCA discount at %15 for parts AND labor. Saved me a pile'o'cash.<p>: BTW, for any hardtop owners out there already: Do you have the softtop boot in place under the hardtop, or do leave it off? Mine is off right now, but I thought I might put it on when I install my window pillow.<p>: best,<br>: Rich Wheeler<br>: 98 2.8l Dark Green/Beige/Beige heated sport seats & HT<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index