Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

bob dixon
03-21-1998, 10:01 AM
I'm doing all my up grades at the same time and I need some advise. I have the back end apart to add the roll hoops (from Quality), I have the hk system, but with what looks like very little cutting and modification I can get the original sub woofer to work fine. Here's my problem, I wanted to change the color of the guages, I already recieved the aluminum faces as a gift from my<br>wife, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the dash out. I removed the two star headed screws from the front of the dash, but that didn't seem to do much, I don't want to force anything without the right knowledge. HELP !!!!!!!!!<p>bob dixon 2.8 black/ext.red/black,hk,k&n,chrome,17",cd,alarm,soon to have hoops,wind deflect,guages,trunk lift

Keith W
03-21-1998, 12:08 PM
I changed my faces about 3 weeks ago and I can help. The process is a little too intricate to write about easily. If you email me with your phone number I can talk you through it.<p>Keith Wertman<p><br>

Darren W
03-21-1998, 12:26 PM
Bob,<p>Where did you get the gauges? How much? I have been considering aluminum gauges from NR Auto.<p>Is the quality equal to BMW? I too would like to install them myself, along with the chrome ringed gauge cluster.<p>Keith, do you have the gauge removal/reinstall instruction online?<p>Thanks,<br>Darren<p><p><i>: I'm doing all my up grades at the same time and I need some advise. I have the back end apart to add the roll hoops (from Quality), I have the hk system, but with what looks like very little cutting and modification I can get the original sub woofer to work fine. Here's my problem, I wanted to change the color of the guages, I already recieved the aluminum faces as a gift from my<br>: wife, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the dash out. I removed the two star headed screws from the front of the dash, but that didn't seem to do much, I don't want to force anything without the right knowledge. HELP !!!!!!!!!<p>: bob dixon 2.8 black/ext.red/black,hk,k&n,chrome,17",cd,alarm,soon to have hoops,wind deflect,guages,trunk lift <p></i>

bob dixon
03-21-1998, 12:33 PM
I got the guages as a gift, wife got them from NR Auto. If I remember correctly they were +-169.00. I think the will really look great when I get them installed, the quality seems good...I will let you know hopefully by monday...<p><br><i>: Bob,<p>: Where did you get the gauges? How much? I have been considering aluminum gauges from NR Auto.<p>: Is the quality equal to BMW? I too would like to install them myself, along with the chrome ringed gauge cluster.<p>: Keith, do you have the gauge removal/reinstall instruction online?<p>: Thanks,<br>: Darren<p><br>: : I'm doing all my up grades at the same time and I need some advise. I have the back end apart to add the roll hoops (from Quality), I have the hk system, but with what looks like very little cutting and modification I can get the original sub woofer to work fine. Here's my problem, I wanted to change the color of the guages, I already recieved the aluminum faces as a gift from my<br>: : wife, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the dash out. I removed the two star headed screws from the front of the dash, but that didn't seem to do much, I don't want to force anything without the right knowledge. HELP !!!!!!!!!<p>: : bob dixon 2.8 black/ext.red/black,hk,k&n,chrome,17",cd,alarm,soon to have hoops,wind deflect,guages,trunk lift <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index