Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Michael W
03-22-1998, 02:54 PM
Anybody have much experience with getting the door panel on/off? I easily removed it to fix the dent (passenger side)...but it seems increasingly difficult to put it back on the same way. The top part just won't "fit" into the ridges of the door. Anybody have experience doing this--or know exactly how to get it to fit? Thanks for the info<p>Michael<br>

Alan
03-22-1998, 03:04 PM
<i>: Anybody have much experience with getting the door panel on/off? I easily removed it to fix the dent (passenger side)...but it seems increasingly difficult to put it back on the same way. The top part just won't "fit" into the ridges of the door. Anybody have experience doing this--or know exactly how to get it to fit?</i><p>It's very hard--if you had said something ahead of time I would have recommended you pay to have the dent fixed rather than taking the door panel off.<p>Start with the top edge towards the front of the car. try to work it down into place. Then, rock the door panel towards the rear of the car, trying to lift up the black rubber trim that needs to slip over the top of it as you go. if you have someone to help you, it will make a big difference. look at the other door panel to see how the black rubber trim fits over the top and the end of the door panel that is towards the back of the door.<p>it may take you like an hour of frustration.<p><br>--alan

the Baba
03-22-1998, 03:25 PM
<i>: : Anybody have much experience with getting the door panel on/off? I easily removed it to fix the dent (passenger side)...but it seems increasingly difficult to put it back on the same way. The top part just won't "fit" into the ridges of the door. Anybody have experience doing this--or know exactly how to get it to fit?<p>: It's very hard--if you had said something ahead of time I would have recommended you pay to have the dent fixed rather than taking the door panel off.<p>: Start with the top edge towards the front of the car. try to work it down into place. Then, rock the door panel towards the rear of the car, trying to lift up the black rubber trim that needs to slip over the top of it as you go. if you have someone to help you, it will make a big difference. look at the other door panel to see how the black rubber trim fits over the top and the end of the door panel that is towards the back of the door.<p>: it may take you like an hour of frustration.<p>: <br>: --alan<p></i>

Michael W
03-22-1998, 03:56 PM
<i>: : : Anybody have much experience with getting the door panel on/off? I easily removed it to fix the dent (passenger side)...but it seems increasingly difficult to put it back on the same way. The top part just won't "fit" into the ridges of the door. Anybody have experience doing this--or know exactly how to get it to fit?<p>: : It's very hard--if you had said something ahead of time I would have recommended you pay to have the dent fixed rather than taking the door panel off.<p>: : Start with the top edge towards the front of the car. try to work it down into place. Then, rock the door panel towards the rear of the car, trying to lift up the black rubber trim that needs to slip over the top of it as you go. if you have someone to help you, it will make a big difference. look at the other door panel to see how the black rubber trim fits over the top and the end of the door panel that is towards the back of the door.<p>: : it may take you like an hour of frustration.<p>: : <br>: : --alan<p><br></i>

Michael W
03-22-1998, 05:26 PM
<i>: : : : Anybody have much experience with getting the door panel on/off? I easily removed it to fix the dent (passenger side)...but it seems increasingly difficult to put it back on the same way. The top part just won't "fit" into the ridges of the door. Anybody have experience doing this--or know exactly how to get it to fit?<p>: : : It's very hard--if you had said something ahead of time I would have recommended you pay to have the dent fixed rather than taking the door panel off.<p>: : : Start with the top edge towards the front of the car. try to work it down into place. Then, rock the door panel towards the rear of the car, trying to lift up the black rubber trim that needs to slip over the top of it as you go. if you have someone to help you, it will make a big difference. look at the other door panel to see how the black rubber trim fits over the top and the end of the door panel that is towards the back of the door.<p>: : : it may take you like an hour of frustration.<p>: : : <br>: : : --alan<p><br></i><p>Got fed up with all the bullcrap of putting that stupid piece of cardboard back on so I called every upholstery shop in the yellow pages, found one that was open at 4:30pm on a sunday, drove there (9 miles away), and paid $20 for them to put it back on. Its just perfect now and you can't tell a thing. Now I just need to get my fingers to stop bleeding :)<p>Michael<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index