Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

frankie boy
03-23-1998, 09:13 AM
BABA...go ahead....just admit it.....the Miata is superior in relability, handling, gearbox, HVAC, re-sell, <br>rear window, suspension, gas mileage, etc.<p><br>Z3's are late comer wannabe's that are grossly overpriced.....sorry for you that that BMW marketing ripped your wallet from you....see ya at the track anytime!

the Baba
03-23-1998, 09:21 AM

the dean
03-23-1998, 09:24 AM
<i>: BABA...go ahead....just admit it.....the Miata is superior in relability, handling, gearbox, HVAC, re-sell, <br>: rear window, suspension, gas mileage, etc.<p>: <br>: Z3's are late comer wannabe's that are grossly overpriced.....sorry for you that that BMW marketing ripped your wallet from you....see ya at the track anytime!</i><p>looks like they don't teach ya how to be polite at east carolina u...

Stan
03-23-1998, 10:47 AM
Many of us have owned Miatas. I had one for seven years and thought it was a great little car, I just happen to think my 2.8 Z3 is a much better car. I know the Miata very well...you don't have to explain it to anyone on this board. If you have one and enjoy it, more power to you. If you have some aversion to the Z3 then it would be prudent on your part to express your opinions somewhere else.<br>Stan<br>'97 2.8, Silver/Black, 17", HK

Bob
03-23-1998, 11:34 AM
How did you determine this a..hole is from Easy U (as it is known in Chapel Hill). He wasn't man enough to leave an e-mail address.<p>: : BABA...go ahead....just admit it.....the Miata is superior in relability, handling, gearbox, HVAC, re-sell, <br>: : rear window, suspension, gas mileage, etc.<p>: : <br>: : Z3's are late comer wannabe's that are grossly overpriced.....sorry for you that that BMW marketing ripped your wallet from you....see ya at the track anytime!<p>: looks like they don't teach ya how to be polite at east carolina u...<p>

the dean
03-23-1998, 11:42 AM
<i>: How did you determine this a..hole is from Easy U (as it is known in Chapel Hill). He wasn't man enough to leave an e-mail address.</i><p>ol frankie boy isn't as clever as he thinks. i think the naval ocean systems center doesn't teach him how to be polite either.<br>

Scott
03-23-1998, 01:10 PM
<i>: Z3's are late comer wannabe's that are grossly overpriced.....<p></i><p>This, coming from a Miata owner! How do you think the Miata was designed? By copying the MGs and Triumphs of yesteryear. The Miata designers *admit* this! Talk about a wannabe!<p>I have a '68 MG Midget, my father has a '52 MG TD. By your own so-called "logic", your Miata is a late-coming, overpriced, sports-car wannabe.<br>

Bryan (EOM)
03-23-1998, 01:37 PM
<i>: : Z3's are late comer wannabe's that are grossly overpriced.....<p><br>: This, coming from a Miata owner! How do you think the Miata was designed? By copying the MGs and Triumphs of yesteryear. The Miata designers *admit* this! Talk about a wannabe!<p>: I have a '68 MG Midget, my father has a '52 MG TD. By your own so-called "logic", your Miata is a late-coming, overpriced, sports-car wannabe.<p></i>

Bert
03-23-1998, 03:40 PM
Such talent on this board! Super HTML wizzards and now Super Sleuths. If I ever need to track someone down, I'm calling you first!<p>Seriously, though...IMHO I think it's better to ignore the jerks rather than adding fuel to the fire.<br>

Bryan (EOM)
03-23-1998, 04:19 PM
<i>: : : Z3's are late comer wannabe's that are grossly overpriced.....<p>: <br>: : This, coming from a Miata owner! How do you think the Miata was designed? By copying the MGs and Triumphs of yesteryear. The Miata designers *admit* this! Talk about a wannabe!<p>: : I have a '68 MG Midget, my father has a '52 MG TD. By your own so-called "logic", your Miata is a late-coming, overpriced, sports-car wannabe.<p></i>

Scott
03-23-1998, 08:08 PM
Okay, the styling may be based on the Elan, however an early article I read stated that Mazda went out and tried to match exhaust sounds from a number of British sports cars, including MGs and Triumphs. I remember listening to NPR and they had tapes of various older sports cars revving, and the Mazda people commenting on what they did to copy the sound.<p>In any case, the designers were clearly trying to copy the styling, handling and sounds of earlier British sports cars.<p>On the Elan note, has anyone else seen that there is going to be a Kia Elan, based on the same engine? More horsepower than a Miata... Let another flame-fest begin.<p>And, on a final note. I received my most recent copy of Moss Motoring the other day, and they mentioned how a lot British sports car owners look down on the Miata as a wanna-be copy, a rip-off, etc. The editorial stated that they should welcome the Miata people with open arms, as some of them were in the same position in the past. <p>Funny, but when I lurked on the Miata list for a while when I was personally debating between buying a Miata and a Z3, a large number of the Miata people were moaning and complaining about anything non-Miata. And, especially the Z3. I guess what goes around, comes around.

Espen
03-24-1998, 08:01 AM
<br><i>: On the Elan note, has anyone else seen that there is going to be a Kia Elan, based on the same engine? More horsepower than a Miata... Let another flame-fest begin.</i><p>The Kia "Elan" (it's got another name, but I'm not sure what it is) is based on a lot more than the engine... when Lotus discontinued the Elan (I'm talking about the front-wheel drive Isuzu-engined Elan that came out circa 1989) Kia bought the rights and are now producing it with their own engine. Unfortunately they've chosen a softer suspension setup making it inferior to the Lotus version in handling, and the gearbox isn't said to be all that good either. It's been a lot of talk of it being sold in Europe (the Norwegian importer had one to show off to their dealers) but so far nothing has happened. Pity, would have been more fun than a Miata...<p>Espen

the Baba
03-24-1998, 07:30 PM
<i>: : BABA...go ahead....just admit it.....the Miata is superior in relability, handling, gearbox, HVAC, re-sell, <br>: : rear window, suspension, gas mileage, etc.<p>: : <br>: : Z3's are late comer wannabe's that are grossly overpriced.....sorry for you that that BMW marketing ripped your wallet from you....see ya at the track anytime!<p>: looks like they don't teach ya how to be polite at east carolina u...<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index