Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Dan
03-23-1998, 09:09 PM
During the installation of my alarm I noticed there is an extra two prong connector that the instructions don't mention. What does it go to? My alarm seems to be working fine without it hooked up. I can only guess that it would go to backup battery.

RT
03-23-1998, 09:38 PM
I found the same connector on my Z. No idea what it's for but the alarm has worked fine for several months now. Some day I suppose we will find out what neat gizmo is supposed to plug in there.<p>R Thompson

Ed K
03-24-1998, 12:21 AM
Is this just a plug & play? I'd love to skip the dealer. If you have a scanned copy of the directions would you please forward.<br>Thanks for the help.<br>Ed K EDK007@aol.com <p><p>: During the installation of my alarm I noticed there is an extra two prong connector that the instructions don't mention. What does it go to? My alarm seems to be working fine without it hooked up. I can only guess that it would go to backup battery.<p>

PhilipB
03-24-1998, 02:16 AM
It is to remain unconnected. Here's what the diagram says:<p>blk/yel -- door lock<br>blue/grn -- door unlock<p>The manufacturer is Alpine and I think it's identical to a low end model that I bought my girlfriend.<p>I installed my own, and found that taking out the glove box was difficult.<p><br>: During the installation of my alarm I noticed there is an extra two prong connector that the instructions don't mention. What does it go to? My alarm seems to be working fine without it hooked up. I can only guess that it would go to backup battery.<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index